- Per Alberta Occupational Health and Safety requirement, candidate must be a Registered Nurse or Advanced Care Paramedic
- 1+ years experience providing conservative or emergency care
- Valid CPR certification at the Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider level (Canadian Heart Association) or Professional Rescuer (Canadian Red Cross) and valid Advanced First Aid certification (Northern Alberta Institute of Technology)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in Microsoft Office
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Provide triage, first-and and or referral to outside medical provider, if indicated.
- Maintain all records of treatment given to associates.
- Maintain first-aid kits, inventory supplies, restock and clean equipment used in the treatment of associates.
- Create a Job Safety Analysis (JSA) for all employees on restrictions given by a medical provider.
- Provide daily activity logs to the safety team and senior leadership team. Provide analysis of all onsite incidents on a monthly basis including recommendations on how to reduce the risk and severity of injuries within the FC.
- Frequent “floor time” to interact with both associates and managers. Attend and speak at “start-up” meetings.
- Understand and learn each department and job function within the FC to fully understand the body mechanics involved in every task. Be actively involved with improvements to the standard work process.
- Initiate and maintain Worker’s Compensation cases when applicable.
- Help coordinate an annual onsite health fair.
- Update the communication board with medical and safety tips for the FC.
- Ability to communicate health and safety needs to all levels of the organization.
- Calm demeanor in emergency situations.
- Work flexible shifts which could include days, nights and/or weekends
- Maintain all medical credentials
- Certified to teach First-Aid, CPR and AED
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience leading and managing a team
- Experience with OHS and/or regulations in the province in which you will be working
- Experience with Worker’s Compensatio
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.