FULL-TIME MEAT MANAGER
Highland Farms is a family owned supermarket chain operating around the GTA. Since we first opened our doors in 1963, our family has proudly offered an extensive selection of fresh quality food products and a strong commitment to providing exceptional customer service. Every shopping trip is a flavor adventure for our customers and our deli and meat counters are legendary.
If you are passionate about food, have strong customer service skills, and want to make a fresh start, then join the Highland Farms family. You’ll enjoy working in our clean and bright stores. We provide a friendly work environment, competitive wages, health care benefits for full time employees, on the job training and opportunity for advancement.
- Responsible for managing department inventory, in-stock position, pricing integrity, merchandising, labor, and other operational processes to company standards.
- Ensure all new department employees receive proper training and supervision.
- Effectively manage employees by efficiently scheduling personnel to meet the needs of the department based on business volume and workloads.
- Maintains the highest level of department sanitation and cleanliness.
- Uses manual cutting utensils, band saw and slicing machine to prepare meats for selling.
- Cuts carcasses, sides and quarters, removes bones from meat and trims and prepares standard cuts of meat.
- Prepares special orders and special displays of meats.
- Advises customers regarding the content and types of meat available.
- 3-5 years experience working as a butcher in a retail environment, preferably in a supervisory or assistant supervisory role.
- Post-secondary education and/or experience in merchandising and/or business management is considered an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Experience using a variety of meat cutting equipment.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a talent for building customer loyalty.
- Strong motivational, leadership skills & organizational abilities - able to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of store system skills is an asset.
- Able to operate in changing temperatures on a regular basis.
- Able to walk & stand for extended periods of time.
- Need be able to work flexible shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Highland Farm’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Meat Dept Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Meat Cutting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Mississauga, ON (Preferred)