Homestarts Incorporated is looking for a Maintenance / Handyperson to work at two or more Co-operative Housing properties in Toronto. The position is full-time (5 days/40 hours per week).
- Building Environmental Systems I and II or combination of education / training and experience
- Training and experience in making minor plumbing and electrical repairs
- Carpentry training and experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent English verbal & written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently within a team environment
- Must have access to a reliable vehicle
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to take direction
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Unit and common area repair and maintenance, including the completion of work orders, liaising with contractors, coordinating move-in/move out procedures and repairs
- Unit renovations including drywall repair / replacement; flooring repair / replacement; countertop and cabinet repair / replacement; door replacement; lock replacement
- Garbage and recycling management and maintenance including coordinating garbage and recycling pick-up and removal by the City, proper disposal of hazardous materials
- Ensure compliance with Fire Code regulations and the Co-ops’ Fire Safety Plans including but not limited to testing of the fire alarm, sprinkler system, emergency power and voice alarm systems (where applicable)
- Documentation of all actions necessary and completed
- Other cleaning and maintenance duties as necessary
Homestarts provides a comprehensive compensation package, tiered to reflect length of employment, including group benefits after 6 months, 3 weeks’ vacation to start and RRSP contribution after 1 year.
Homestarts is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any state of the hiring process.
WE THANK ALL APPLICANTS, HOWEVER, ONLY THOSE CHOSEN FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email only and note Job #487 in your subject line
Application Deadline: April 30, 2020
Job Type: Full-time
- Residential maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)
- handyperson: 3 years (Required)
- customer service: 2 years (Preferred)
- apartment building systems: 2 years (Preferred)