Employment Opportunities for the following position:
Quality Control Coordinator
Sigfusson Northern is a Manitoba owned and operated heavy construction firm that provides clients with high quality service and personnel.
We are accepting applications for Quality Control Coordinators to join our team at the Rainy River Mine site. Current positions offer a work rotation of 20 days on and 10 days off with camp accommodations provided.
The project location is approximately 2 hours south of Kenora near Finland, Ontario. The project is the construction of clay core dams for the tailing’s management area at a gold/silver mine.
· Perform quality inspections for the construction of clay core dams.
· Strong knowledge and understanding of project specifications.
· Be familiar with the borrow sources and material characterizations. Understand required properties of material to be placed. Ensure samples are taken in a timely manner, be prepared for upcoming construction areas.
· Schedule hold points for approval prior to placement. Ensure that any issues are rectified, or a plan is in place to rectify them prior to the Owner/Owner’s representative arriving.
· Coordinate with foremen and third-party testers prior to placement (clay, rock, sand) to ensure the correct material is being hauled, tracked, and placed where it needs to go.
· Complete various Quality reports such as Daily reports, Materials received, Quality surveillance, NCR’s, RFI’s, Action items, and Compaction logs.
· Review all test reports issued by third party testing laboratory and submit to Client in a timely manner
· Ensure that sampling/testing frequencies are being met.
· Prepare inspection and test plans, inspection checklist of different works as per project requirements
· Create, Organize, and maintain up to date tracking systems of all Quality reports. Including but not limited to; NCRs, RFI’s, Action items, and compaction logs.
· Ability to form positive relationship with all levels of employees and management
· Experience in quality inspection and quality management
· Knowledge of common construction practices related to earthworks.
· Proficient in use of Microsoft Word and Excel
· Excellent communication skills
· Valid Drivers License
· Ability to work as part of a team
Experience and Education Requirements:
· CET accreditation is considered an asset
· 2-3 years construction experience in a related field
· Full-Time Employment
· Competitive Wages
· Benefit Plan with Dental
Job Type: Full-time