Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 22,000 employees in over 400 locations worldwide. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger. Explore opportunities in Information Technology Services.
As an experienced Oracle EBS Developer, you will design and develop software solutions to address gaps in core Oracle e-Business Suite capabilities across various application technologies (Java/OAF, PL/SQL, Workflow, etc.). In addition, in this role you will lead and mentor other software developers including defining design and coding standards (exception handling, debugging, reusable code, etc.) and performing design and code reviews.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Analyze software specifications provided by Business Systems Analyst and translate them into technical solutions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve defects to application problems.
- Provide Oracle Best Practice knowledge on engagements.
- Consult on the capabilities of application technology to identify opportunities to solve business problems.
- Lead the design and development of software solutions as per specifications.
- Develop and execute unit test plans to ensure quality of software being released for integration and user testing.
- Develop an appropriate production transition plan ensuring a smooth transition to production.
- Establish design and coding standards for the team to follow.
- Mentor other software developers assisting them in best practices and in solving problems.
- Communicate issues and solutions in a clear and concise manner.
- Keep client, peers and managers informed on the status of issues.
- Prepare time and effort estimates for assigned projects and tasks.
- Given the tasks and scope of a project, successfully complete and document the project within the specified time frame.
- Manage priorities across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Plan, document, assign and implement production transition tasks to ensure a smooth deployment into our production environment.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience working with complex enterprise applications, preferably in an ERP environment such as Oracle e-Business Suite 11i/12 or Peoplesoft.
- Experience in all aspects of software development lifecycle following best practice methodologies, preferably Rational Unified Process.
- Experience working with one or more of the following application technologies, tools and frameworks: APEX, OAF, Oracle Workflow, JDeveloper, BPEL, SOA, and Web Services.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to communicate highly technical information
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to work in a deadline driven environment.
Education and Experience
Post-secondary diploma or degree in a related field.
Minimum 7-10 years of software development experience developing solutions using Java, SQL, and PL/SQL.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on our collective talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour