Why Fraser Health?:
Do you want to work for one of British Columbia's top employers? Are you passionate in building your career? If you have answered yes to these questions we want you to continue reading.
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations. Our team of 43,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
Join us on an exciting project and make history. The Royal Columbian Hospital (RCH) Redevelopment is a multi-year, multi-phase project to increase the hospital's capacity, beds and services.
RCH first opened in 1862, is a vital referral centre and regional centre of excellence for trauma, critical care, cardiac care, maternity, neonatal intensive care and neurosurgery. When the full redevelopment is complete, the people of British Columbia will have increased access to cardiac, trauma, mental health, maternity and NICU services and beds.
Are you passionate about leadership, innovation and project management? If so, bring your skills to this key role leading planning, implementation and evaluation of sustainable clinical operations initiatives for the RCH Redevelopment Project. Specifically, provide leadership to a planning team through all project phases: workflow, technical, clinical design, build, training and go-live.
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager - Redevelopment & Major Projects with a demonstrated background in design, construction services and contract management. You will be responsible for providing leadership through all project phases including procurement, design, construction, and commissioning.
Build your career with us as you:
Provide project management leadership through all project phases, leading a team and assuming responsibility for project delivery.
Leads business plan development for large capital projects through the preparation of development of the project charter, functional requirements, scope and design concepts, budgets and implementation planning.
Manage and lead the review of drawings, specifications, schedules and estimates as produced by external architectural and engineering consultants. Manage and coordinate inputs from internal health authority subject matter experts, clinical and technical stakeholders.
Provide leadership with respect to risk management and quality control. Clearly communicate project status, ongoing issues, progress updates, challenges and opportunities.
Ensure that the project aligns with the project requirements, contractual agreements and approved budgets. Lead cost control exercises to ensure implementation of the approved design within established scope, schedule and budget.
Provide recommendations to the leadership team to mitigate cost overruns, maintain adherence to allocated budgets and timelines, and ensure delivery of a successful project.
To join we would like you to have:
A Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical Preferred), Architecture or related discipline.
Seven to ten years' recent, related experience in project planning/design/construction management for a scale institutional project.
Project Management Professional certification is an asset.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be acceptable.
Preferences will be given to those who have experience:
Successfully planning, leading and delivering complex construction projects in a healthcare environment including acute care.
Experience and expertise in Design Build, Alliance Contracting, Progressive Design Build, and/or Integrated Project Delivery
Organizing, managing and consensus building among a diverse clinical and technical stakeholder group.
Building trustful relationships with project partners.
Consistently providing high levels of service.
Building high performance teams.
Developing appropriate communications strategies and materials necessary for project decisions and partner management and coordination.
Creative problem solving.
Proven track record in managing project teams, budget control, contract management, dispute resolution and oversight of facilities projects from planning and design through to construction and commissioning.
This is a Regular Full Time opportunity located at RCH Redevelopment Project Offices located in New Westminster, BC.
Effective October 26th 2021, all new hires to Fraser Health will need to have full COVID 19 vaccination (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and individual medical exemptions must be approved by the Provincial Health Officer.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, here are more reasons why we think you should apply:
A career that offers you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are outstanding in their respective fields.
Competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Are you passionate about setting direction focused on building an engaging environment that challenges others to achieve their goals? In a career with Fraser Health, you will be a part of a dedicated team of providers in a vibrant and fulfilling health care environment. We value diversity in the work force and seek to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
Take the next step and apply so that we can continue the conversation about this valuable position.
Supporting the Vision, Values, Purpose and Commitments of Fraser Health including service delivery that is centered around patients/clients/residents and families:
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for overseeing and supporting the planning, design and/or implementation of assigned large facilities projects with a high degree of complexity, including project planning, project management, communications, and contract management. Supervises assigned staff and provides leadership by directing work teams, contractors and consultants to ensure accountability and performance. Responsibilities:
- Manages the planning and implementation of new facilities, larger renovation projects, and/or a portfolio of smaller projects from the initial planning and design stages through to implementation and completion; provides support by conveying policies and priorities, directing work and ensuring issues are resolved or escalated to appropriate level(s) to meet project deliverables and timelines.
- Establishes project team structure by gathering input from stakeholders, identifying needs and skills required; directs and supervises assigned staff by assigning work, orientating staff, developing and implementing appropriate staff development and retention plans; conducts performance evaluations as required.
- Establishes effective communications channels to ensure stakeholders are fully engaged and aware of project status; provides frequent clear and concise reports to Redevelopment leadership regarding ongoing issues, progress updates, challenges and opportunities.
- Carries out project plans according to established Redevelopment project methodologies and systems to ensure successful and coordinated completion of project components by facilitating consensus with stakeholders. Monitors project charter, plans, budget, scope, schedule, expenditures, client satisfaction and risks; reports on variances and impacts to deliverables, and makes recommendations to Redevelopment leadership to mitigate cost overruns, maintain adherence to allocated budgets and timelines, and ensure delivery of a successful project.
- Leads business plan development for large capital projects through the preparation of feasibility studies, analysis and solution development, development of the project charter, functional requirements, scope and design concepts, budgets and implementation planning.
- Manages strategic space and facility planning initiatives including development of site master plans, regional planning studies, capital funding strategies and asset leveraging opportunities.
- Serves as a Redevelopment site coordinator monitoring all planning and project activities on designated site(s), including those led by other site Redevelopment teams, identifying areas of overlap, conflict, and coordination; liaises with site and Redevelopment leadership to identify, recommend and implement management strategies.
- Leads and oversees planning, design and contract preparation by engaging clinical planners, equipment planners, design consultants and various user groups for assigned projects; reviews and signs off schematic designs, design development documents, and working drawings and specs for functionality, attainment of program/facility needs, adherence to technical standards and specifications, efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the design solution, consistency with best practices, energy & environmental sustainability, and building code compliance. Leads and/or facilitates all stages of project construction and operational commissioning.
- Leads the engagement of professional consultants and contractors with support from Procurement; manages established contracts and oversees performance to ensure that consultants and contractors complete on obligations and deliverables; negotiates changes and resolves disputes within authorized limits.
- Liaises with the Planning and Engineering Departments of various municipalities in geographic areas supported by Fraser Health; negotiates and establishes requirements and approvals for facilities projects such as development, building and rezoning permits, as needed.
- Establishes and maintains a network of relationships and influence in order to promote site interests and issues and to influence decision making affecting project outcomes with internal groups/departments. Monitors adherence to established quality control/risk management protocols. Identifies, communicates, and works with appropriate stakeholders to mitigate potential risk management issues. Manages ongoing customer relations. Ensures Fraser Health's interests are represented in resolution of problems.
- Manages the recruitment, orientation and professional development of employees through the formal assessment of training needs and development of training plans; ensures staff are knowledgeable and fully understand their roles and responsibilities.
- Updates department knowledge of current and emerging facility design and innovations through evidence-based design concepts; uses design and construction research in the development and updating of design and construction standards and guidelines. Develops and coordinates facilities planning practices principles, standards and policy through application of evidence-based best practice and LEAN principles.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering or related field. Professional designation plus seven (7) to ten (10) years' recent, related, progressive experience in all phases of project planning/design/construction management for a large complex multi-site organization, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
Demonstrates the LEADS capabilities of Leads Self, Engages Others, Achieves Results, Develops Coalitions and supports Systems Transformation.
- Knowledge of capital project planning and implementation processes including design, construction and procurement within current standards, codes, bylaws and regulations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies and ability to coach team members on these skills.
- Ability to interpret construction drawings and construction specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage planning, design and construction projects simultaneously.
- Broad knowledge of patient care delivery systems in primary, acute and community settings.
- Understanding of available resources for projects and applicable stakeholder groups including feedback and detailed analysis on project processes.
- Ability to supervise and provide direction to team members.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, plan, organize, prioritize and implement projects in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a dynamic project environment with changing priorities.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to operate related equipment including related software applications.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Salary range: The salary range for this position is CAD $52.59/Hr. - $75.59/Hr. / hour