Dawson Health Clinic (DCHC) - Physiotherapy is clinique-ecole for 3rd year physiotherapy technology students to complete the credentials of the their training program. During the Winter semester, their internship is supervised by licensed Physical Rehab Technician (PRT) or Physiotherapist (Pht). We are currently seeking a PRT that could be available full-time or part-time, having a strong orthopedic background and as possible 3-5 years experience in the field and / or in supervision.
NATURE OF THE WORK
The physiotherapy internship supervisor will provide a principle role in supervising physiotherapy technology student interns in the context of a teaching health clinic. The scope of patient care is oriented predominantly orthopedic conditions.
- Perform initial assessments of clients (if Physiotherapist);
- Supervise activities of physiotherapy technology interns;
- Instruct and give feedback to physiotherapy technology interns;
- Evaluate performance and competence of physiotherapy technology interns;
- Liaise with administrative assistant and DCHC coordinator with respect to various elements such as scheduling of clients, caseload establishment / maintenance and equipment / material needs;
- Communicate with Dawson instructor regarding student progress;
- Occasionally complete payments at front desk when receptionist is on break
- DEC in Physiotherapy Technology OR Bachelor / Master’s degree of Science in Physical Therapy;
- Member in good standing with l’Ordre Professionnel de la Physiothérapie du Québec (OPPQ);
- Minimum three (3) years of professional experience in the field of Physical Therapy;
- Student stage supervision experience is essential;
- Excellent English communication skills is essential;
- French language skills suitable for requirement of the profession in Quebec;
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Wednesday, January 22, 2020.
Industry: Health Care
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $25.00 to $35.00 /hour
- Physiotherapy: 3 years (Required)