Are you a skilled welder/fitter who is looking for a new opportunity in Guelph to advance your skill level and do something on a larger scale?
We are looking for skilled Welder/Fitters for both days and afternoons in a custom structural steel shop in Guelph.
In this role you will be:
- using torches and cutting tools to size parts correctly to be fitted on main steel members
- utilize flame-cutting equipment (torches), chipping hammers, and grinders as required to size material and finish work
- use multiple different tools including saws and grinders as well as punch presses to fabricate new parts as required
- interacting effectively with all levels of personnel, both hourly and management, in a team environment
- performing set-up, material handling duties, sandblasting and minor general maintenance when not busy fitting/welding
- performing FCAW or MCAW welding, multipass on 1" and higher gage material
Why should you consider this role?
- straight shifts, day shift: 7 am - 4:30 pm (3:30 pm on Friday), afternoons: 4:30 pm - 3 am Mon - Thurs (long weekend, every weekend!)
- a strong company culture of treating all employees with dignity and respect
- excellent benefits package after probation
- continual training and development opportunities
- CWB certifications on-site
- competitive wages of $24 hourly, PLUS 10% shift premium on afternoons
- $1 hourly raise after probation period is over
- working with a team that communicates well and supports one another
- if you can walk in with no training, a higher wage will be offered
What do you need to work here?
- 5+ years of FITTING experience
- clear strong communication skills
- current or previous CWB certification in FCAW/MCAW flat position
- 3+ years of experience in structural steel manufacturing
- a positive attitude and a willingness to work well with others
- live within a 30-minute commute of Guelph
If you are interested in this role, there are several ways for you to apply:
Call us at 519-763-7775 x2
email your resume to email@example.com
If this role interests you, but is not quite the right fit, I'd love to have you give me a call so we can discuss exactly what it is that you are looking for.
Search all of our skilled trade jobs. If you are an expert in a skilled trade, let’s find a job that’s a perfect match for you. Some of the most in demand skilled trade jobs at the moment include welders, electricians, machinists, and millwrights as well as various industrial management jobs.