Ecklundson Construction Ltd. is a group of Vancouver Island based construction companies focusing on commercial project management, land development opportunities, civil infrastructure and pre-manufactured homes.
We are looking for new team members who are eager to join a diverse team of stakeholders in a growing company on Vancouver Island. We are currently looking for an ESTIMATOR / PROJECT COORDINATOR based out of our Nanaimo Office.
As this is a dual role with the opportunity to advance, the candidate will work alongside the estimating team as well as the production team.
- Report to the Chief Estimator and work as part of the estimating team on a wide variety of commercial, institutional and development projects.
- Perform quantity take-offs for all disciplines.
- Develop and maintain relationships with sub-trades and clients.
- Attend tender site meetings and ongoing project visits.
- Prepare estimates for submitted tenders on projects up to $10 Million and pre-construction estimates on construction management projects.
- Evaluate subtrade quotes
- Familiarize with different methods of construction.
Project Coordinators will:
- Assist the Project Manager and Superintendent with overall project management including RFI’s, Shop drawing review and transmittals, cost tracking, schedule management, quality and project status updates, subcontract administering.
- Helps manage the change order process, including pricing, negotiating, processing and assessing costs and schedule impact prior to reviewing with Project Manager/Estimator
- Administer bonds and insurances.
- Involved in all facets of project close out, including archiving documents, maintenance and warranty manuals, deficiencies and warranty work.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Engineering degree / Diploma in quantity surveying, engineering, or architecture construction related technology. BCIT ABET or equivalent.
- Must have strong attention to detail, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively, flexibly, and with a positive attitude.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, MS Project, Outlook, Word) is a must.
- 2+ years of experience in pre-construction, estimating and/or related field.
- Construction / Carpentry knowledge is an asset.
- Any estimating knowledge is an asset.
- Ability to read and interpret contract specifications, drawings and other construction documents is an asset.
Ecklundson Construction offers a comprehensive benefit package, competitive salary and a flexible, team-based work environment.
Reference ID: Estimator/PC 2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent