We invite you to view the wonderful opportunities that await you at this stunning Maple location. We are always on the quest to compliment our team with new and motivated staff to care and serve our guests. As part of our team you will continue to grow and learn in the fine art of caring/assisting our residents in an enriched dining room.
We are searching for an experienced and energetic Housekeeping Supervisor to join our growing team. The ideal candidate has a positive attitude and enjoys working with seniors.
- Maintain the building cleaning requirements at a consistent, optimum level of efficiency.
- Prepare weekly housekeeping schedules and allocate work to staff
- Recruit, supervise and train housekeeping staff
- Conducts orientation training and in-service training to explain policies, work procedures, and to demonstrate use and maintenance of equipment.
- Assists employees in completing cleaning duties when necessary.
- Contribute to the development of maintenance budget and ensure compliance
- Order supplies as per company policies and procedures and ensures proper control over stock at all times.
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and health and safety regulations
- Understanding of proper use and maintenance of cleaning equipment and cleaning chemicals
- Required to be on call for emergency situations
- Proven experience as housekeeping supervisor or similar role
- Knowledge of health & safety practices and regulations
- Understanding of budgeting and performance management
- Excellent planning and leadership abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High school diploma; Degree from a vocational school will be a plus
- WHMIS training on hazardous chemicals in the workplace.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under UniversalCare Employment Accommodation policy.
We thank all applicants and will only communicate with those candidates that will be interviewed.
Job Type: Full-time
- Housekeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
- Housekeeping Supervisor: 1 year (Preferred)