We currently have an opportunity for an experienced conveyancer to join our growing team.
Responsibilities & Knowledge:
- Handling all document preparation for real estate transactions from beginning to end
- Reviewing contracts of purchase and sale, title, mortgage instructions, property tax information
- Prepare sale, purchase, and mortgage documents for residential conveyancing
- Correspond with clients, solicitors, conveyancers, mortgage brokers and real estate agents
- Dealing with mortgage payouts, review of title charges, and contract
- Preparing statement of adjustments and reconciliations
- Closing transactions including Land Title Office and PPSA registrations
- Reporting and dealing with holdbacks
- Sign up of commercial lending documentation for lawyer
- Experience working in a legal professional services firm
- Proficient in BC Online; e-filing, E-conveyance
- Minimum 3 + years experience in residential conveyancing
- Excellent organizational and time management skills required
- High attention to detail
- Reliable, responsible, self-motivated, and able to function independently, taking initiative where appropriate.
Nixon Wenger is a leading law firm in the Okanagan. Our success is attributed to the outstanding customer service and effectiveness of our Partners, Associates, and Staff. We are committed to providing legal services within a workplace environment that values and promotes the sharing of knowledge and perspectives among our employees, and we encourage a balanced lifestyle.
In addition to a competitive salary and vacation entitlement, we have a benefits program that includes paid personal days, wellness initiatives, health & dental benefits, group RRSP and TFSA plan with matching contribution, a social committee with firm sponsored social events, and professional development assistance.
Related keywords: conveyancer, legal assistant, conveyancing, legal, paralegal, real estate
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- conveyancing: 2 years (required)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place