MAKE A DIFFERENCE FOR STROKE SURVIVORS – KELOWNA STROKE RECOVERY PROGRAM
There is life after stroke.
Are you passionate about making a difference, and do you want to contribute to the quality of life of stroke survivors? We are seeking an enthusiastic VOLUNTEER for our Kelowna Stroke Recovery program.
And we need some help with the delivery of the program!
The Kelowna Stroke Recovery program, stroke survivors participate in physical and cognitive exercises, educational opportunities, and enjoy social interaction and peer support. It's a friendly, close-knit, fun, supportive and social group.
You'll be assisting the Program Coordinator with the delivery of the program, mostly by engaging group members in the activities and conversation.
The program takes place every Thursday, 10:30 am - 1:30 pm at the St. Aidan’s Anglican Church, 380 Leathead Road.
DUTIES involve helping participants with (communication) exercises/activities; engaging group members in social activities and conversation; and a bit of room setup and cleanup.
WHY VOLUNTEER WITH US?
- Be a part of our close-knit and friendly group and meet people in your community
- Work directly with participants and make an immediate impact
- Excellent opportunity for acquiring volunteer hours in a health-related field
- Gain knowledge in understanding the needs of those impacted by the effects of a stroke
- Regularly scheduled weekly shift
- New Canadians and English Language Learners most welcome!
Are you friendly, warm and interested in talking with people? Do people describe and see you as an energetic, enthusiastic and encouraging personality who is patient, warm and empathetic at the same time?
Besides that, you are a teamplayer, able to take direction, conscientious and reliable and you have experience with interacting with people with disabilities – or a desire to learn!
Volunteers are required to undergo screening, including a police record check, to work with vulnerable adults.
Job Types: Part-time, Volunteer