Hexagon Purus Systems Canada Ltd., a new division of the Hexagon Composites company, is focused on designing and manufacturing systems and software to support zero emission e-Mobility offerings including commercial Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV) and Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles (FCEV). Hexagon Composites is a global company operating in 40 countries with over 60,000 commercial vehicles in operation.
Hexagon Purus Systems Canada Ltd., comprised of the former Agility Fuel Solutions’ (a wholly owned Hexagon Composites subsidiary) business divisions focused on hydrogen storage systems and electric battery packs and drivetrains, is currently seeking a Project Manager to work out of our Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada office.
Act as a single point of contact with program teams, business functions, business leadership to ensure business success.
Lead multi-functional teams and achieve project objectives and deliverables
Identify project scope and maintain an integrated project schedule that demonstrates the work breakdown structure and key milestones necessary to complete the project
Complete projects on time, within budget, and to contractual commercial, technical, and quality requirements.
Identify & mitigate project risks, coordinate the resolution of issues between business functions for overall project process and ensure communication and escalation as appropriate to the management team
Communicate status of deliverables to senior level functional leadership on a regular basis
Effectively manage all stakeholder requirements to satisfaction.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree, preferably in an Engineering discipline, from an accredited university or college.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in any of the following (individual or combined): Product Design & Development, Design Engineering, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering, Product Management. Experience with product launch planning and execution.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient in project planning, organizing, team motivation and delegation.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Project & PowerPoint) with SharePoint knowledge a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail paired with strategic planning capabilities.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience working in a highly independent and matrix environment, coordinating across multiple sites, functions, and time zones.
- Must be highly self-motivated.
- Strong abilities to manage the standard project management areas of scope, time, cost, quality, team, communications, and risk management.
- Flexible and ability to work with tight deadlines in an ever-changing environment.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of Advanced Product Quality Planning & stage-gate processes preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple jobs and adapt to a rapidly changing work environment with fluctuating priorities.
- Project Management experience is a requirement.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
- Valid passport with ability to travel globally.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock or flammable mixtures.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to reach, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Specific smell ability is required; recognize the smell of various fuels.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Hexagon Purus Systems Canada Ltd. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and ensures that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.