We are a small accounting/tax firm located in St-Henri with a focus on serving Montreal’s creative professionals. We work with individuals as well as corporations on all accounting and tax matters. We are young, dynamic and fun, yet pride ourselves on our professionalism, dedicated work ethic and the excellent work we provide our clients. We are 3 employees and a lot of plants.
We are currently looking for a full-time office assistant for our personal tax rush from February 10th to May 1st. The position is mostly administrative, supporting the tax preparers and interacting with clients; but with the possibility of staying on after tax season as an apprentice tax preparer.
If you wish to start working in tax/accounting, this could be a great opportunity to get to know the back-end of a firm; with the possibility of then learning the technical tax side of the business after the rush.
Candidates with office experience, as well as knowledge of tax forms/preparation will be prioritized.
- Provide strong administrative support to the tax preparers
- Meeting clients for tax information drop-offs
- Communicating with clients for missing tax information
- Sorting and organizing client tax information
- Preparing client tax returns for client delivery
- Scanning, printing, assembly, courier of returns and forms
- Answering the phone
- Scheduling meetings with clients
- Bilingual, French and English
- Be a people person, you’ll be dealing with lots of people
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience using Microsoft office (Word/Excel) is required
- Experience using DT Max tax software would be an asset
- Previous office experience
- Tax knowledge would be great
- Desire to continue working past May in accounting/tax
Employment Period: February 10th, 2020 to May 1st, 2020
Compensation: Starting @ $16/Hour
Work Hours: Monday to Friday - 9:00 to 17:00
Additional: Possibility to extend into full-time position including tax preparation
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $16.00 /hour