Reporting to the Recreation Manager, instructors are responsible for planning, organizing and implementing a high quality program that is stimulating and enjoyable for all senior citizens.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the safety and well-being of registered participants at all times.
- Keep current with industry trends and new class formats, maintain complete vigilance while on duty and be ready to respond to any emergency situation.
- Provide a high level of front line customer service including greeting and engaging participants
- Complete administrative duties in a timely manner (i.e. lesson plans, attendance incident and accident reports, statistics and worksheets)
- Maintain a safe and tidy program space ensuring equipment is set-up and stored appropriately
- Report all concerns, accidents and incidents to immediate supervisor for follow up and take appropriate action.
- Maintain an understanding of department programs and services
- Understand, adhere to, and enforce Corporate Policies & Procedures, Confidentiality Guidelines, Emergency Procedures and Health and Safety Standards for all participants and staff.
- Attend meetings/training as required.
- Up to date/ Current Standard First Aid / CPR from an accredited organization, or the ability to obtain within 1 month of date of hire
- Current Lifesaving Society Swim Instructors or equivalent from an accredited organization, or the ability to obtain within 1 month of date of hire.
- One of the following certifications CALA, WaterArt certification or equivalent from an accredited organization, or the ability to obtain within 1 month of hire
- Current Can-Fit-Pro Instructor, Personal Trainer certification or equivalent from an accredited organization, or the ability to obtain within 1 month of hire
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
Alavida Lifestyles is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices. Alavida Lifestyles will provide accommodation to people with disabilities upon request throughout our recruitment process.
Job Type: Part-time
- Instructor: 1 year (Preferred)
- CALA, WaterArt, Can-Fit-Pro, or Personal Trainer (Preferred)
- First Aid / CPR (Preferred)