Independently owned and operated for more than 100 years, Sheridan Nurseries is Canada's largest, fully integrated garden centre, retailer and grower, known for top quality products and services. At Sheridan Nurseries we offer employees a dynamic, fun and fast paced work environment, focused on growth, development and personal well being with flexible, comprehensive training programs. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including a company pension. Sheridan Nurseries Kitchener Garden Centre is actively searching for a:
Nursery Plant Sales Supervisor
Permanent, Full Time
About the job
This supervisory role involves driving sales productivity of the Nursery Plant categories, including shrubs, trees, evergreens, vines and roses. This is achieved through selling, ordering, merchandising, marketing, and overall department supervision. The successful candidate will be a leader who is driven, organized and have a strong guest service focus.
- Responsible for selling the complete solution while providing excellent service to guests.
- Leading and training the Nursery Plant Sales team in sales skills and product knowledge.
- Managing inventory of Nursery Plants while minimizing scrap and shrink.
- Merchandising and ensuring the floor presentation is meeting the corporate Standards of Excellence.
- All paperwork associated with Nursery Plants.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
Physical demands of the job include:
- Quality leadership and retailing experience.
- Enthusiastic approach to selling and guests.
- This position is required to work days, evenings, and weekends as scheduled.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Standing up for the majority of the shift with bending and squatting at various times required.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If selected, please advise if you require special accommodation to attend the interview.