Who we are looking for:
If you are someone who considers themselves to be innovative, process improvement driven, focused on worker safety, please read on! If you are looking to be part of a team in an organization that cultivates a positive family environment, then this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
Superior Glove Works Ltd. is currently seeking a Warehouse & Line Operator to work in its Acton, ON facility. Afternoon shift hours are Monday to Thursday from 3:30pm – midnight and Fridays from 3:30 p.m. – 11:30 p.m. This is a permanent, full-time position!
The Warehouse & Line Operator, reporting to the Warehouse Team Leader, will be responsible for various Warehouse duties such as Shipping & Receiving. In addition, the role will be concerned with overall operation of the Glove Dip Line machine in conjunction with the other Dip Line Operators, Chemical Engineer and Team Leader, to include, but not limited to:
Shipping & Receiving
· Picking orders using a handheld device – using various warehouse machines to retrieve orders from different rooms and heights while identifying order specifications
· Packing orders into appropriate boxes according to sizing, model, order etc.
· Stacking and skid building in a safe manner
· Verifying orders and marking special orders with the appropriate labelling
· Loading trucks in an efficient manner while following all regulated safety precautions
· Assist with unloading/receiving of trucks as required
· Follow and comply with all operational procedures and policies
· Other duties as assigned by Team Leader
Dip Line Support includes but is not limited to:
· Ensuring all dip tanks, drip trays, liners, mixers are prepared and placed prior to production run and maintained throughout.
· Preventative maintenance on stations as required
· Fill up the tanks and prepare for production
· Check all process parameters at specified intervals and complete all process control documents.
· Monitor dip line machine during production
· If necessary, stop the machine in a safe manner, troubleshoot and repair when required
· Communicate progress to Warehouse Team Leader, report issues and irregularities
· Assure all finished product properly labeled
· Coordinate cleaning of the dip tank, drip tank and all accessory equipment after production
· Ensure all equipment is shut down in the proper manner following protocols
· Organize liners and maintain good housekeeping in the production area
· Minimum of one to three years previous production experience in a machine/line operator role
· Strong communication skills are essential to be able to work with all departments and outside contacts
· Math skills required to ensure order/mixing accuracy – testing is part of the recruitment process
· Ability to complete charts, reports and perform calculations as required
· Forklift license required, training to be provided, experience preferred
· Basic Computer skills essential
· Physically demanding role that requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. during setup and cleanup
· Flexible to work extended shift hours when line requires
· Ability to work safely in following all procedures including chemicals procedures and ladder safety
Why work for us?
· An opportunity to contribute new ideas; we welcome fresh perspectives!
· Become a part of an innovative, family oriented and fast-growing organization
· Named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies 7th consecutive year in a row!
· Winner of Halton Hills 2017 Environmental Excellence Award
· Health, Dental and Extended Benefits
· Group RRSP Plan, Employee Assistance and Education Assistance Programs
· Join our online company Recognition Program, gain access to fantastic rewards
· Enjoy Fresh fruit Mondays, Snack Box and subsidized coffee program,
· Access to our on-site fitness equipment, “Grab and Go” bikes, game room, and more
· As part of the “family” you can join in on our community involvement, staff lunch adventures, annual barbeques and much more!
We are a family owned and operated company meeting international standards by
“Improving Occupational Hand Protection through Innovation”.
Please send your resume and cover letter with “Warehouse &/ Dip Line Associate” in the subject line.
Superior Glove strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, the company will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates with disabilities
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent