CORPORATE CRITICAL CARE PROGRAM
TEMPORARY FULL TIME
12 HOUR SHIFTS; DAY/NIGHT; WEEKEND SCHEDULE (Subject to Change)
LAKERIDGE HEALTH OSHAWA
(Primary location is Lakeridge Health Oshawa but may be requested to work at ICU/CCU at Lakeridge Health Bowmanville)
SALARY $33.23 - $47.57
We are currently looking for enthusiastic and experienced Registered Nurses to join our team. In this position you will have the opportunity to use your extensive knowledge and expertise to help us develop, implement and maintain innovative Critical Care Department practices that will meet the current and future needs of Lakeridge Health.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Critical Care Unit (CCU) Registered Nurses (RN) will utilize the nursing process in the provision of patient care. CCU RNs participate as a member of the Multidisciplinary Care Team. As an individual practitioner CCU RNs maintain competence and professionalism relevant to current practice to maintain nursing records and perform other related duties as assigned
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Critical Care Certificate OR currently enrolled in Critical Care Certificate Program with a commitment to be completed within 1 year;
- B.Sc.N. and ACLS preferred;
- Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Current BCLS;
- Certification in defibrillation, preferred;
- Experience in Critical Care/Intensive Care setting OR experience in an acute care setting (e.g. Medical or Surgical Program);
- Demonstrated ventilator and haemodynamic monitoring, EKG interpretation skills;
- Demonstrated conflict management abilities;
- Proven effective organizational, critical thinking, prioritization, time-management, problem-solving and teaching skills;
- Proven effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven commitment to maintain Reflective Practice Standards as outlined by the CNO;
- Demonstrated ability to perform appropriately in emergency situations;
- Physically capable to lift, turn, transfer patients manually and with assistance;
- Epidural/PCA pain management skills preferred;
- Must have a satisfactory performance record;
- Demonstrated commitment to our core values of Inclusion,Compassion, Innovation, Teamwork and Joy;
- Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff, patient and environmental safety and participates in regular in-services in this area; and
- Proven good attendance record with capability of maintaining this same standard.
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Hospital and the Ontario Nurses Association (RN Bargaining Unit Local 051).
Lakeridge Health thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
At Lakeridge Health we value inclusion and diversity. We are committed to fostering a culture that is respectful, inclusive and accessible and to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse community we provide services to. As an equal opportunity employer we welcome applications from all qualified applicants.