Douglas F. Walker Professional Corporation is currently seeking a Law Clerk/Legal Assistant with approximately 5 years of experience in real estate law for a position with our busy law firm. This position requires a highly-organized professional with excellent file management and administrative skills.
Law Clerk/Legal Assistant Job Duties: Managing and completing real estate purchase, sale, mortgages and refinancing transactions from start to finish with minimal supervision including:
- Conducting and reviewing preliminary title searches
- Drafting requisition letters
- Communicating with clients, lenders, real estate agents and other law offices
- Performing all accounting duties required to close real estate transactions
- Drafting all necessary real estate documents including but not limited to opening letters, closing documents and final reports
- Managing incoming phone calls, faxes and emails
- Reporting to the lawyers
Law Clerk/Legal Assistant Qualifications:
- minimum of 2 years experience working as a real estate legal assistant/law clerk
- Strong knowledge of Conveyancer, PC Law and Teraview Electronic Registration
- Must be able to multi-task and work under tight timelines while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Must be detail oriented and well organized
- Ability to work efficiently in a busy office both independently and as a team player
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please reply using the Indeed platform only.
Job Type: Full-time
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)