The Retail Sales Associate Supervisor is primarily responsible for greeting customers and providing assistance on where they may find items within the store. The Retail Sales Associate Supervisor will generate sales, advise customers on the appropriate use and care of merchandise, and provide advice concerning specialized products and/or services. This role will be required to participate in merchandising, cycle counting, general housekeeping of shelves and aisles, loss prevention and inventory restocking. must maintain a high level of customer service at all times.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist customers in locating merchandising in store, as well as processing special orders for items from our St. Jacob's Warehouse
- Determine customer’s needs by asking open-ended questions.
- Communicate product knowledge to the customer as appropriate.
- Assist customers in locating and comparing merchandise.
- Assist customers with finding all items needed to complete their project.
- Process special orders for non-stock or out of stock items.
- Record repeat customer requests for product and follow-up when product arrives at the store.
- Assist customers with carrying out of large or heavy items.
- Relieve as cashier when necessary.
- Follow procedures and maintain standards according to store policy in the following areas: receiving and pricing goods, merchandise handling and presentation, housekeeping, reordering merchandise, restocking shelves and handling cash.
- Change prices on merchandise, bins, displays, etc. as necessary.
- Build special displays and signage for sales, promotions and other special events.
- Remove sales and promotional displays, prices etc. and rearrange stock following promotional events.
- Always take appropriate safety precautions when cutting pipe, glass, wire mesh, making keys etc., and make an effort to minimize waste.
- Help unload incoming trucks.
- Check incoming merchandise against invoices to spot shortages, damaged goods, back-orders, etc.
. Enter in returns .
- Keep stock in storage area neat, clean, and orderly.
- Participate in regular cycle counting, and assist in taking annual inventory counts.
- Reorder merchandise according to stores buying procedures.
- Attend store meetings, training sessions, etc. as required.
- Work on special projects as assigned by manager.
- Work on additional duties and assignments as assigned by management.
- Work in a safe manner in accordance to provincial and federal safety legislation, as well as use of good common sense. Report any potential hazards and unsafe behavior to management in order to have the situation corrected.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including Saturdays.
- Friendly and helpful attitude toward customers.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Prior retail experience beneficial not necessary.
- Creative abilities for making attractive in-store displays.
- Willingness to continually develop professional skills and knowledge base.
- Ability to work co-operatively in a team atmosphere.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Please submit resume to Manitouwadge Home Hardware Building Center.
Job Type: Part-time
We are Covid 19 protected. Mask, sanitizer, plexiglass.