Reporting to the Supervisor, Child and Family Health Division, is responsible for developing, marketing and delivering programs to achieve the standards and requirements of the Ontario Public Health Standards (OPHS) and Protocols, Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care pursuant to Section 7 of the Health Protection and Promotion Act, R.S.O., 1990, c.H.7. for the defined area of program and responsibility.
- Identifies and recommends strategies to achieve program objectives and ensure the delivery of a comprehensive program.
- Identifies and develops liaisons with community agencies, coalitions, schools, and key individuals to collaborate on initiatives targeted to promoting the health of the specified population.
- Develops, implements and evaluates initiatives to promote the health of the target population by advocacy, guideline and policy development and legislative initiatives.
- Develops and delivers training to diverse groups, including staff.
- Develops, implements and evaluates educational and promotional materials related to programs and community initiatives.
- Establishes and maintains internal and external liaisons to ensure the development, implementation and evaluation of health promotion strategies.
- Compiles and analyzes statistical information for health program needs and interprets the health education implication for programs.
- Develops reports and proposals.
- Participates on various internal and external committees and task forces as directed.
- Provides information to the public and agencies regarding programs and services provided in conjunction with other Department Branches.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Health Sciences, Health Promotion, and/or Adult Education or related field.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in developing, implementing and evaluating community wide initiatives and programs using demonstrated skills in marketing.
- Satisfactory Police Criminal Background Check.
- Experience in writing reports and grant proposals and in conducting research, including the analysis of statistical data and trends.
- A valid Ontario driver’s license and a reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply online by November 27, 2019 at 4:30 p.m. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.