For more information on life in Fort Smith, NWT, visit our website at www.fortsmith.ca
The Town of Fort Smith has an exciting new employment opportunity. The Land and Development Officer
will be responsible for maintenance of lands records, enforcement of development bylaws and policies, and property taxation. This position will be an appointed Bylaw Officer and may be required to engage in other general bylaw and protective services functions.
The complete job description is available on the Town website at https://fortsmith.ca/municipal/jobs-fort-smith
- Post-secondary education in Lands Administration, Business Administration, Planning, Enforcement, or other related programs, or MACA School of Community Government’s Community Land Administration Program; equivalent education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of land use legislation and bylaws including territorial and municipal legislation, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the land use application and appeals process.
- Ability to understand and read survey plans and legal descriptions.
- Ability to use GIS software to produce required supporting documents.
- Ability to read and interpret maps and satellite images.
- Understanding of the northern cultural and political environment.
- Computer skills including the ability to operate spreadsheet and word-processing programs at a highly proficient level.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Effective time management skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills including the ability to make decisions.
- Current class 5 driver`s license, a class 4 driver’s license would be an asset.
The successful candidate must provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector record check. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Resumes may be kept on file for future consideration.
Salary & Benefits: Pay Range 18 ($71,984.30 to $82,757.41
), plus a northern allowance of $7,946.45
and a comprehensive benefits and pension package.
Closing Date: June 16, 2023, 3:00 pm
Adam McNab, Director of Protective Services
Town of Fort Smith
P.O. Box 147
Fort Smith, NT X0E 0P0 Ph: 867.872.8400
Email: [email protected]
Full Job Description
Education : College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
Experience : Experience an asset