About the Organization
Central Health is the second largest health authority in Newfoundland and Labrador, serving approximately 94,000 people (20 per cent of the province’s population) living in 177 communities. With a geographical area encompassing more than half the total land mass of the island, the Central Health region extends from Charlottetown in the east, Fogo Island in the north, Harbour Breton in the south, to Baie Verte in the west.
Senior Director, Talent and Culture, Healthcare….salary around $120k and currently under review.
To support our commitment to the people of the Central region of Newfoundland and Labrador, the Central Regional Health Authority is looking for a Senior Director, Talent and Culture to join our leadership team who is compassionate, respectful, accountable, equitable and committed to a total systems approach to safety. Central Health has adopted the LEADS in a Caring Environment Leadership Framework. This position will play a key role in leveraging strategic human resource management to transform organizational culture to best achieve Central Health’s goal of improved client outcomes.
Reporting directly to the VP, People and Transformation, and as a member of the Senior Leadership Team, you will play a key change leadership role in creating an environment that is safe, just and a great place to work; that celebrates successes and supports our people to be engaged, satisfied and proud to build their careers and/or volunteer at Central Health. You will need to be committed to the continued development of a learning organization where diversity is respected, and conflict is managed utilizing a cooperative interest-based approach and restorative interventions.
Our people truly are our greatest asset and as such Central Health is committed to improving its work environment to ensure a person- and family-centred, quality-focused and results-based organization. You must be highly intrinsically motivated; passionate about culture transformation and the development of people and organizations; understand the importance of mentorship and coaching; a strategic thinker, innovative, focused on continuous improvement; and an accomplished Human Resources Professional.
Using your skills, experience and knowledge of current and emerging human resources trends, you will collaborate with other leaders, patients and our partners to achieve Central Health’s mission and strategic plan. You will be responsible to collaborate, develop/revise, execute, align and evaluate a comprehensive Integrated Talent and Culture Plan to ensure strategic people management for more than 3400 employees and 700+ volunteers located at various sites throughout the Central region.
In this role, you will need to be skilled at building trust and credibility through the development of strong working relationships with program directors, managers, unions, employees, patient and family advisors and other partners. In this position you will act as a senior advisor to members of our Senior Leadership Team providing guidance on all employee related issues: employee engagement and experience, including rewards and recognition; health, safety and wellness; workforce strategy, including talent acquisition and succession management;; employee and labour relations; total compensation; talent and organization development, including leadership development; organizational design and competencies; sick leave and disability management; human resources analytics; policy formulation; employee communications and change management.
· HR Management Experience: Ten (10) years relevant and progressive experience in people management with five years in a leadership position, preferably in a health care, unionized and/or multi-site setting;
· Human Resources Experience: Strong generalist background in all areas of people management, organizational development, labour relations and HR operations;
· Strategic and Tactical Acumen: Demonstrated ability to develop and guide the implementation of strategies to transform organizational culture, including metrics, communications and measurement/reporting; proven judgement in assessing and responding to complex issues
· Planning and Organizational Skills: Demonstrated advanced planning, organization, and communication skills, including oral, written and presentation;
· Change Management: Demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced and changing environment and manage competing priorities; demonstrated transformational leadership abilities, including ‘senior level leader’ behaviors within the LEADS framework capabilities;
· Relationship Management: Proven ability to engage across all levels of the organization and with community partners including provincial health authorities/bodies;
· General Attributes: A proven excellent record of work performance, lived values, leadership competencies and HR knowledge is required for this position;
· Education: A graduate degree in the field of human resources or related discipline;
· Additional Training or Designations: Human Resources Professional Designation and membership in good standing with professional association; additional education and/or experience in quality improvement (i.e. Lean, Model of Improvement); formal leadership training/ experience, including change leadership and/or change management.
Location: Grand Falls-Windsor or Gander, Newfoundland and Labrador
Salary: $119,700, and currently under review
How to apply
To explore this opportunity, ask questions before applying or to send a resume, e-mails are welcome. However, this job board discourages e-mail addresses in job postings, so pardon the address encryption: Ron Beck’s e-mail is at: beck dot recruiter at gmail dot com
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $119,700.00 /year