18 Cabot Lane, Inverness, NS, B0E 1N0
Built by dreamers, for dreamers.
As a Supervisor of Housekeeping, you will assist the Management team in many aspects of daily operations of the department. You will work to provide the highest level of service in a knowledgeable, professional manner while striving constantly to exceed guest expectations.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Create and distribute daily assignment sheet and duties to Room Attendants and House persons
- Routine inspection of guest accommodations to ensure standards of cleanliness are met
- Liaise with Resort Custodian team to coordinate cleaning schedule for exterior windows, doors and balconies
- Report necessary repair items to Maintenance department, this includes but is not limited to damaged/burned out light bulbs, dripping faucets, running toilets, etc.
- Manage guest requests including providing extra amenities or other items, and communicating requests to the relevant team members for delivery/retrieval
- Problem solve staff issues and report these to Executive Housekeeper/Assistant Manager
- Inspect linen, amenity, chemical and storage area inventory to ensure they are fully stocked and comply with safety standards
- Assist with completing monthly inventories of Housekeeping supplies.
- Assist in training staff, maintaining cleaning checklists and daily room inventory counts.
- Be environmentally aware; play an active part in departmental and company environmental practices
- Ensure proper use of chemicals and cleaning supplies by monitoring usage, providing complete training for team members, and ensuring proper labeling of hazardous supplies in accordance with applicable local and company regulations
- Perform housekeeping duties if required
- Document incidents/accidents and report to Executive Housekeeper/Assistant Manager
- Return all lost and found articles to the appropriate location
- Ensure timely response to guest complaints and report to Executive Housekeeper/Assistant Manager
- Follow appropriate dress code at all times
- Assist guests with information on resort amenities and directions
- Comply with proper security, fire regulation, and all health and safety policies
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Housekeeping and supervisory experience
- Positive attitude and excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Highly responsible and reliable
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to handle multiple duties under pressure
- Ability to work flexible hours – weekends and evenings as required
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Spending long hours moving around, walking, sitting, standing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, and lifting
- Visually inspect all work areas
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 35 lb
- Occasional ascending and descending, stairs and ramps
- Operate cleaning equipment for several hours at a time