Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Therapeutics brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
We are the dreamers of dreams, the makers of food and beverage cannabis products. If you have 5+ years’ experience in large-scale food and beverage manufacturing and love the idea of leading a small team tasked with creating food and beverage cannabis products for the first time in Canada, do we have the job for you. It’s not quite a world of pure imagination, but it’s close.
- Effectively lead a small team.
- Monitor production and resolve issues to deliver quality products on time.
- Provide training to production employees.
- Operator in a food and beverage production factory for food and beverage products.
- Calibration and maintenance of equipment involved in food and beverage production.
- Maintain strict inventory control over starting materials, intermediates and finished product.
- Maintain batch production records in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Ensure compliance with HACCP and food safety requirements.
- Ensure compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Work in compliance with established safe work practices and procedures.
- Sensory testing of products throughout the production process.
- Run analytical equipment, perform analysis of product quality.
- Communicate effectively with production team members to review production requirements and to seek resolution for issues.
- Must be able to work a variety of different shifts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Background
- Graduate of a Cooking, Baking, Pastry Chef or Chocolatier post-secondary program is preferred.
- Five plus years of experience in a large food and beverage production facility required.
- Experience and comfort in working with large commercial equipment.
- Experience in chocolate or candy making processes would be an asset.
- Experience managing a small team is required.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly in excel and word.
- Ability to keep an accurate inventory in real-time.
- Good communication skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to repetitively lift up to 50lbs and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work well on a team, while also being self-motivated and having initiative.
- Eagerness to learn new skills.
- Appreciation and love of food and beverage.
This is a full-time position based out of Smiths Falls, ON.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.