The pet care industry is a fast growing one in Vancouver, and KG Pet Services has a quickly growing client list with ties to local trainers and businesses. Our specialties are those who need that special touch, like reactive or fearful dogs, seniors, and puppies.
- Arrive at the client’s home and walk dogs individually on leash at a predetermined time.
- Communicate with the client and managers after each walk, providing pictures/video and information from the visit
- Pick up and dispose of dog waste accordingly
- Clean up and towel off muddy and wet dogs after their outing, clean up any messes left by the pet
- Working no matter the weather!
- Follow instructions specific to the pet and the home
- Post to our social media pages
- Keep the dog safe and stress free; be aware of triggers or dangers in the environment and encourage safe curiosity
- Commit to Force Free training and interaction standards
- Administer dog medication as required
- You are reliable and patient and willing to take the time to build a bond with the dog.
- You can walk 15kms a day.
- You are fluent in English (written and verbal).
- You own a smart phone with a data plan for text, photos and voice communication.
- You are looking for a permanent position with at least a one year commitment and you are available Monday to Friday business hours.
- Attention to detail and quality-oriented
- Understanding of dog behavior and excellent ability to read dog body language
- Ability to take direction/criticism and also work independently and take initiative
- Prior experience with pet care is an asset!
- Pet First Aid certification a plus
- Experience working with fearful or reactive dogs using Force Free methods is a MAJOR BONUS!
- Willing to submit to a background check, is bondable and provide professional references
Earning the trust of a fearful, nervous, or reactive dog is the best feeling in the world. Giving these pets our all, allows them to give us their all and become the best dogs they can be. Many of my clients refer to me as their dogs BFF and the dogs get more excited to see us than their own family. Flexible hours and still being able to pay the bills in this expensive city is a big bonus, too.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: $20.00 to $30.00 /hour
- pet care industry: 1 year (Preferred)