At Ren's Pets, we're pet owners too, so we know how important it is to find quality products to keep you and your pet happy. We are Passionate about Pets and the people they own. Visit us for more information at www.renspets.com!
The Associate is responsible for ensuring customers needs are met by providing information on pet products and services and overseeing point-of-sale transactions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Store Manager, the duties and responsibilities of the Associate include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing information to customers in a friendly and professional manner;
- Assisting team in inventory stocking and merchandising;
- Following an excellent customer service culture by supporting Ren’s team;
- Assisting customers on the sales floor, on the telephone, as well as at the registers;
- Seeking to learn and grow through personal learning and development opportunities;
- Following store schedule and ensuring managers are aware of potential schedule changes; and
- Following Ren’s vision of Best in Customer Experience
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Effort Requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills: pleasant, friendly style;
- Ability to distinguish customer’s needs;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability educate self on products and services;
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50lbs;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Knowledge and/or experience with pets is considered an asset;
- Ability to work flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including holidays, nights and weekends.
- This role works in a dynamic, fast paced retail store setting. Requires movement of large muscle groups (bending, twisting, lifting) to oversee duties of the role.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- retail: 1 year (Preferred)
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)