Who are we?
Western Budget is a friendly, clean, and affordable place to rest. Serving Canadian clients for over 35 years, we treat every guest as a member of the Western Budget family.
Who are we looking for?
Applicants are welcome to apply as individuals or as a couple.
- An experienced Manager or a passionate individual with 5+ years of leadership experience.
- You will have strong communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- You have technical aptitude and beginner level knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- You have a professional appearance and attitude.
- You enjoy working in a culture of accountability.
- Strong organizational skills and ability manage conflicting priorities and ensure internal and external deadlines are met
- Well organized, detail oriented and ability to work independently.
- Ability to read, write and speak English, with excellent grammar and communication skills (written and verbal)
While the above is an asset, it is not a requirement. We are looking for the right culture fit, the rest can be trained.
What’s the Job?
The Resident Manager will be the primary business leader of the property. Taking initiative to navigate operations, ensuring guest and employee satisfaction, and leading a team to success, while striving to reach sales and revenue goals and increasing financial performance.
Your work will include:
- Performing check-ins and check-outs ensuring that each client transaction involves a high level of customer service and satisfaction.
- Maintaining a professional image and service-oriented environment to support a positive customer service experience and service excellence at the hotel property.
- Taking reservations over the phone, in person, or via online resources, and ensuring all aspects of reservation procedures are followed including booking, confirmation and cancellation policies.
- Adjusting or modifying reservations based on guest requests.
- Handling basic complaints and resolves perceived guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Responding to incidents of noise, unruly behaviour and guest complaints.
- Verifying the accuracy of guest accounts, handling discrepancies, and identifying issues of potential fraud.
- Ensuring the accuracy of financial information required for daily audits.
- Maintaining current knowledge of local events, tourism amenities and weather forecast.
- Coordinate and administer property initiatives.
- Managing administrative duties in a timely and organized manner. Monitoring daily revenue, meeting goals, and developing strategy.
- Monitoring the property to ensure overall maintenance is upheld, guest room checks, general operations are running smoothly in all departments. Implementing policies and procedures.
Competitive salary with achievable bonus and incentives. Living accommodations and utilities provided.
Location may vary. All resumes to be sent to our Operations Office in Leduc, Alberta.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent