Perimeter Traffic Control
Traffic Control Technician – We offer competitive wages, a safety conscious work environment and the opportunity to be crossed-trained in other roles.
We are an innovative Traffic Control company based in Cranbrook, Vernon & Prince George; we offer employees a professional culture, the opportunity to travel the gorgeous province of British Columbia, and the possibility of cross-training in roles beyond Traffic Control.
The Company: Perimeter Traffic Control is a brand-new solution to the industry, with an expansive vision, that takes great care of clients and employees alike.
· Our willingness to adapt and evolve, in an ever-changing industry, sets us apart.
· We believe in great work done safely, and acknowledge competence and an upbeat, professional attitude.
The Position: We’re looking for Traffic Control Technicians who are willing to assist with the groundwork of a telecom line crew when necessary. The salary is $20 – 22$/hr, based on experience.
· We offer the ability to learn skills beyond Traffic Control.
· We also offer travel, as we serve an extensive part of British Columbia.
· Hold and maintain a valid driver’s license (no exceptions)
· Hold a current Traffic Control Technician Certification
· Be able to lift over 50 lbs
· Work in all weather conditions for extended periods of time
· Maintain a professional, upbeat attitude in the face of confrontation
· Are willing to travel for work
· Have a keen knowledge of lane closure/traffic control setups.
· Are familiar with the latest edition of the Traffic Management Manual for Work on Roadways
***Previous employer references required with application, along with a list of clients you’ve worked with in the past***
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Setting up traffic control devices for lane closures and all types of work zones
· Maintaining trucks and equipment in a professional manner
· Writing risk assessments and/or near miss reports when required
· Filling out time tickets properly to be signed off by clients
· Assist line crews at times when flagging may not be needed
· Showing up on time and fit to work for every shift
· Handling difficult personalities with a professional attitude
The Location: Perimeter Traffic Control is based in Cranbrook, Vernon & Prince George, serving the beautiful, scenic province of British Columbia.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $20.00 to $22.00 /hour