Competition Number: ER AC 188/20 REPOST (Please state this number when applying)
Position Title: Licensed Practical Nurse
Position Code: ERILPN_03
Facility/ Site/ Location: E.M. Crowe Memorial Hospital, Eriksdale
Hours of Work: Hours 11.625– Days/Nights
Wage/ Salary: As per applicable collective agreement
The Licensed Practical Nurse provides comprehensive nursing care to patients/ residents/ clients in accordance with established standards, policies, and procedures. The Licensed Practical Nurse provides clinical direction to Health Care Aides, Unit Clerks and other LPN’s and Nurse II’s when the LPN is assigned charge responsibilities. Licensed Practical Nurses recognize and fulfill their Professional responsibilities by practicing within the scope of practice of the Licensed Practical Nurses Act, the approved College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba (CLPNM) Scope of Practice and Entry–Level Competencies, provincial and federal legislation and within the guidelines of professional ethics. The position of Licensed Practical Nurse functions in a manner consistent with, and supports the Mission, Vision and Values of the Interlake-Eastern Regional Health Authority
- Active practicing licensure with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba (CLPNM), or eligible for active practicing licensure with the (CLPNM)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training – as delineated in Interlake-Eastern RHA Required Certification / required Policy GA11-50
- Knowledge, competence and ability to demonstrate clinical nursing skills and concepts in accordance with approved nursing standards
- Basic knowledge and skills to work with computers, and electronic software programs..
- Minimum of one (1) year clinical experience in the last five (5) years specific to Acute Care Setting required
- Experience in rural facility or emergency nursing preferred
- Ability to make effective decisions regarding nursing care
- Demonstrated effective problem solving, organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated communication skills.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with co-workers and clients.
- Completes and maintains a satisfactory pre-employment security check.
- Given the cultural diversity of our region, the ability to communicate in more than one language would be considered an asset.
- Proficiency of both official languages is essential for target and designated bilingual positions.
- Satisfactory employment record.
Job Type: Full-time
- Clinical: 1 year (Required)
- BLS (Required)
- College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba (Required)