AFIMAC Canada is seeking candidates for an upcoming temporary contract position within our crisis and disaster response division. Qualified applicants will be part of an Emergency Response Team at an industrial site in Ontario that deals with hazardous materials.
This position will require you to work 12 hour shifts, 7 days per week when assigned to a project.
*Please read the full job posting and apply on Indeed. Calls to our AFIMAC Head Office will result in your application being denied. After reviewing your resume, we will reach out to qualified individuals VIA email to schedule an interview. *
You will earn:
- $60.00 per hour before overtime
- Hotel Accommodations Provided (when required)
- $30 per day non-taxed meal allowance (when lodging is required)
- Paid Travel (up to 4 hours)
- Flight provided (if required)
- Understand and adhere to the client's safety management system, policies, procedures and values
- Set up and maintain firefighting equipment
- Provide first on scene firefighting, fire protection and emergency services in a hazardous environment
- Responsible for engaging in safety meetings and emphasize on specific hazards
- Ensure all required safety paperwork is completed in a timely manner
- Ensure fire truck is in excellent functioning conditions by completing pre-trips and inventory checks.
- Operate company vehicle(s) in a professional manner and in accordance to the client's policies, highway traffic laws and any rules of operation in effect on privately owned roads.
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
To be eligible to work for AFIMAC you must be able to meet the following criteria:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid H2S Alive Certificate
- Valid First Aid and CPR Level C
- Current NFPA 472 or NFPA 1072 certification
- NFPA 1081 or NFPA 600 and/or NFPA 1001 (level I & II) certified
- DZ license preferred
- Capable of operating fire pumps and all associated fire equipment
- Knowledge of NFPA regulations regarding fire protection services
- Ability to demonstrate clear judgement in a fast pace and high stress environment
- Ability to work away from home for extended periods
- Able to work either day or night shift including weekends and holidays
- Able to read, write and speak English effectively
- A Canadian resident and/or legally allowed to work within Canada
AFIMAC is a global risk management and elite security company. For more than 30 years, AFIMAC has helped image-conscious companies and organizations across the globe to plan and execute services that mitigate and eliminate risk. AFIMAC prides itself in the long-term partnerships it establishes with clients to protect people and property in times of crisis and in regular business operations.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 1-6 months
Salary: $60.00 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Every Weekend
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Secondary School (required)
- Emergency Response Team: 1 year (preferred)
- Firefighting: 1 year (preferred)
- NFPA 1072 certificate (required)
- DZ license (preferred)
- Class G License (required)
- NFPA 1001 Certificate (preferred)
- NFPA 1081 or NFPA 600 and/or NFPA 1001 (level I & II) cert. (required)