Job Description: A logistics coordinator oversees the daily scheduling and planning for shipping and receiving and ensures that all products are delivered to the customer in a timely fashion. Essentially the logistics coordinator brings those shipping products and those with trucks together.
Role and Responsibilities:
· Receive and process transportation requests for customers.
· Build relationships with both carriers and customers to become a key aspect of their operation.
· Procure reliable carriers to the move the customer’s freight and be able to negotiate the best possible rates and service.
· Track shipments from pick-up to delivery so that accurate, up-to-date information can be provided for any given shipment.
· Address and resolve any issues with delayed or damaged shipments.
· Work closely with the sales team and your supervisor to help resolve any problems or complaints to ensure customer satisfaction.
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Must possess exceptional interpersonal, problem-solving and customer service skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Team player with proven ability to work well under pressure
· Manage time effectively
· Customer focus – achieve company and personal goals through customer focus
· Capable of interacting effectively with all levels of personnel in a fast-paced, just-in-time delivery environment
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
· High school diploma required/Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· Working knowledge of Microsoft office/Outlook or similar application
Bilingual – French and English
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $35,000.00 /year