Join a financial group that’s as committed to your future as you are. At MUFG, we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each other in everything we do. As the 5th largest bank in the world, our diverse team is connected by a common ambition to create change for the better—from forging more dynamic career paths to driving progress in our communities, to continuously reshaping the standards of global financial services. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world’s most trusted financial group.
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with over 2,700 locations in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. MUFG aims to “be the world’s most trusted financial group” through close collaboration among our operating companies and flexibly responding to all of the financial needs of our customers, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world. MUFG’s shares trade on the Tokyo, Nagoya, and New York stock exchanges. For more information, visit https://www.mufg.jp/english
Americas Model Risk Management (AMRM) is responsible for the management of enterprise-wide model and spreadsheet/calculator risks associated with the Bank's development, deployment, and maintenance of quantitative processes. In order to manage these risks, we have developed and implemented a comprehensive framework across three lines of defense. As the second line of defense, AMRM establishes and maintains the model and spreadsheet risk management framework controls and associated risks in aggregate at the enterprise level.
As part of the End User Computing (EUC) risk management team, you will play a key role in AMRM and report directly to the Head of AMRM Framework Operations. The incumbent will manage AMRM’s EUC framework control activities to support our program, assist our stakeholders in complying with governance requirements, and organize and plan EUC risk management related activities across various corporate entities according to Enhanced Prudential Standard regulations.
You will support the EUC Risk Management Program Activities including, but not limited to the following:
- Assist EUC calculator owners to identify, catalogue, or source inventory spreadsheets
- Coordinate with EUC Control Testing team to review classification and risk ratings of all inventoried spreadsheets
- Lead the annual attestation/certification of EUC calculators with stakeholders across the Bank to ensure AMRM maintains a comprehensive inventory of all Bank spreadsheets
- Assist in the maintenance of EUC governance and control testing mailboxes
- Support stakeholders through EUC Risk Management Program processes and applications, and recommends potential improvements
- Manage the AMRM spreadsheet testing pipeline, including, without limitation, the prioritization of spreadsheets to be independently tested by the EUC Control Testing Team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or any related discipline and/or relevant experience with an understanding of controls
- 3+ years of experience in finance, operational risk management, or compliance in a financial services company
- Experience working with large data sets pertaining to operational risk, managing data sets, and managing manual processes
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to collaborate and excel in a dynamic and challenging work environment
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Project and process management capabilities
- Prior experience in an End User Controls / Governance capacity
- Experience using Open Pages and/or Archer
- Auditor SOX experience
- Ability to automate processes using advanced Excel functions or other tools/coding
The above information on this job description has been described to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents. Other duties and responsibilities not specifically described may be assigned from time to time, consistent with knowledge, skills and abilities of the incumbent.
Chartered in 1981 and assuming its current identity as MUFG Canada Branch, our Canadian Branch is the premier Asia-based global bank in its market. We serve local and Japanese clients from the Atlantic to the Pacific with financial expertise across a number of key industries such as oil and gas, pipelines, power generation, automotive, transportation, and telecom. The receipt of this application by MUFG Bank, Ltd., Canada Branch (“MUFG Canada Branch”), does not imply or guarantee employment. MUFG Canada Branch is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or in any other aspect of employment on the basis of the grounds enumerated in the Canadian human rights act. In addition, MUFG Canada Branch complies with applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. MUFG Canada Branch provides accommodation to individuals in accordance with the requirements outlined in the Canadian human rights act and the Canada Labour Code.
©2020 Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. All rights reserved. The MUFG logo and name is a service mark of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc., and is used by MUFG Bank, Ltd., Canada Branch, with permission.