- Greeting and helping customers based on their needs
- Caring for the livestock in the store
As the public face of the company, the Sales Associate is responsible for dealing with any and all customer questions about the products/livestock and services the company offers. A Sales Associate is expected to be continuously updating their knowledge of the company products/livestock, services, and policies.
Complaint handling is a critical part of this position. Turning a frustrated customer into a happy customer, while adhering to company policies, requires a combination of empathy and tact.
Another responsibility is maintaining the presentation of the sales floor, products, signage, and displays.
Finally, you will also be responsible for taking care of and maintaining livestock and their environment, and ensuring they are presentable.
- Greeting customers, responding to questions, improving engagement with merchandise and providing outstanding customer service.
- Operating cash register, managing financial transactions, and balancing drawers
- Achieving established goals
- Directing customers to merchandise/livestock within the store based on their needs.
- Increasing in-store sales
- Superior product/livestock knowledge
- Maintaining an orderly appearance throughout the sales floor.
- Introducing promotions and opportunities to customers.
- Experience in the pet care industry, or a willingness and passion to learn.
- Maintain a positive attitude and focus on customer satisfaction in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to read, write, and perform basic math.
- The ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Experience and knowledge of aquatic livestock is a bonus.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.20 /hour
- Day Shift
- retail sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)