Terra Archaeology Limited (Terra) is a mid-size professional archaeological services company that operates 5 regional offices in British Columbia. Terra recently celebrated its 20th anniversary and has a diverse and growing client base including First Nations, federal and provincial government agencies, private sector corporations, and private landowners. We are looking to build capacity in our Kamloops, Kelowna, Williams Lake, Richmond, and Victoria office locations and require archaeologists who can take initiative, be proactive, apply professional judgment, and who thrive working both independently and collaboratively within a team. Terra is committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
A junior archaeologist’s duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, responsibility for completing archaeological field surveys and excavations according to the requirements of Heritage Conservation Act permits issued by the Archaeology Branch. This may include, but not be limited to, any of the following:
· Taking detailed field notes and sketches
· Identifying pre-AD 1846 and historic cultural resources
· Excavating shovel tests, evaluative units, and excavation units
· Mapping sites and navigating survey areas using a handheld GPS unit
· Collecting and analyzing artifacts
· Authoring interim reports
· Bachelor’s degree in archaeology or anthropology with a focus in archaeology
· Some experience conducting/participating in impact assessments or excavations, such as field school participation
· Fundamental understanding of BC archaeology and the Heritage Conservation Act
· Ability to work in varying terrain and weather conditions
· Willingness to travel throughout the province
· Valid Class 5 Driver’s License with a clean driving record
Working for Terra
Terra strives to build diverse teams that reflect the communities where we live and work. Our size gives Terra the unique opportunity for employees to work in relationship based collaborative environment where success is measured by team accomplishments.
· Flexible Work – we recognize that flexibility in the workplace is a key component to overall job satisfaction.
· Career Opportunities –we strive to provide a culture that focuses on continued employee growth and development.
· Community Based – we are involved in the communities that we live and work.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $24.00-$28.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
Supplemental pay types:
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
Work Location: On the road