INVENTORY CONTROL & MATERIAL HANDLING SUPERVISOR - (6 MONTH TO 1 YEAR CONTRACT)
With 140 successful years in the industry, Krug is well recognized as a leader in the design & manufacture of high quality business and healthcare furniture. Currently we are seeking an Inventory Control Supervisor to work with our manufacturing team at our Seating Division in Kitchener, reporting to our Director of Operations.
- Responsible for inventory control and material handling of all manufactured and purchased components within our seating plant as well as inventories of two warehouses and staff. This includes control of any materials moved to vendors for further processing. A critical element of this role is ongoing improvement of processes.
- Day to day handling of receiving, shipping and warehousing of parts, components, assemblies in a timely manner.
- Day to day transfer and control of inventory to different work centers, interplant transfers. Manage the stock requests from across the plant in a timely manner.
- Maintaining VMI programs, KanBan, managing stock levels, following the FIFO and ordering based on LCO set ups.
- Improve and manage the inventory accuracy in the warehouse and across the plant through regular cycle counts, root cause analysis.
- Plan and organize storage locations for efficient handling and maximising the storage space.
- Improve and manage the slow moving, obsolescent inventory.
- Ability to read and understand part drawings, production reports, understanding of upper and lower level assembly BOMs
- Identify opportunities for new procedures, processes, equipment, and methods that will improve efficiency, quality, safety, reduce cost, and simplify operations.
- Manage warehouse, material handling staff while maintaining safety measures on using the fork lifts, reach trucks, etc.
- A College Diploma in Materials Management or equivalent experience.
- Computer skills required in Outlook, MS Word, and Excel. Experience in MRP environment.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in inventory control, MRP and scheduling or equivalent.
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical decision-making ability
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, as well as the opportunity to work with great people. If you thrive in a fast paced team environment, please apply in confidence to:
Human Resources Manager: Krug Inc., 421 Manitou Drive, Kitchener, Ontario N2C 1L5 Fax: (519) 748-5177
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Krug is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Should you require an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Inventory Control, MRP and Scheduling: 5 years (Preferred)