For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are currently looking for a Prosector in our Necropsy division for our site located in Senneville (Montreal).
We are seeking a candidate who:
- Prosection and description of animal lesions
- Collection of tissues and body fluids (blood, bone marrow, urine or others) from laboratory animals.
- Ability to handle animals, euthanasia and anesthesia (All species)
- Use of Provantis system for data collection and observations.
- Perform method development and validation studies studies under the supervision of a team leader and/or pathologist.
- Ensure the integrity of the studies and fulfill the regulatory agencies requirements by performing the activities according to the God Laboratory Practices (GLP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) rules.
- Identify problems or potential problems and assist the appropriate personnel in establishing and implementing the appropriate solutions.
- Special techniques (MRA, perfusion, lungs lavage etc.)
- Supervise some technical functions.
- Has experience as a Technical Specialist in Necropsy (Prosector or Coordinator)
- Possesses minimum 3 years of experience in Necropsy in pre-clinical research laboratories
- Possess relevant experience in autopsy of animals in a research environment
- Possesses a DEC in Animal Health or equivalent
- Ability to work under pressure
- Has experience in animal manipulation
- Is bilingual
22.00$/h (weekend shift will receive an additional premium of two dollars ($2.00) per hour)
Yes, medical and dental (after waiting period)
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please take note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
Care - We show we care when we respect each other, our animals and the communities where we work and live, when we create a positive healthy workplace, when we are mindful of our compliance standards, and when we choose to do the right thing.
Own - We act like owners when we hold ourselves accountable for our actions, when we respond to internal and external client needs with speed and accuracy, when we set and achieve meaningful goals, and when we strive towards continuous improvement.
Lead - We lead when we advocate our purpose and model our values, when we deliver innovation, when we embrace change, and when we appreciate and celebrate the great work of others.
Collaborate -We collaborate when we partner with each other and promote teamwork, when we communicate clearly and effectively across the hall or around the globe, and when we welcome all forms of diversity and encourage inclusiveness.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.