The Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre and The Westin Wall Centre, Vancouver Airport are dedicated to providing guests with exceptional quality, service, and value. These guiding principles are evident with every check-in, bed made, or breakfast served. You can see this commitment to quality in the physical properties of the hotels themselves; located in the heart of the city and at Vancouver’s airport, surveying the magnificent natural elements that combine to make Vancouver one of the most beautiful cities in the world. We are proud to be Vancouver built, Vancouver owned, and Vancouver run.
A wall is only as strong as those that build it. Our associates are brought together by the fundamental sense of self-worth they derive from helping others. While each person’s talents are a credit, it is an individual’s commitment to the group effort that creates excellence.
Our foundation is exceptional people, and our passion is supporting them to succeed and exceed. More so than experience or education, it is a unanimous enthusiasm that is most highly valued. For those who work hard and consistently display positive attitude and aptitude, the opportunities for growth are endless.
- Answer all calls directed to the Guest Service desk.
- Assist our guests with questions and concerns.
- Solve guests’ problems and defects, offering compensation according to guidelines.
- Enter all requests and defects in the StarGuest system.
- Answer all calls using guest’s name and an established script. Assist guests with voice mail and messages.
- Direct all telephone calls to their appropriate destination in a timely, efficient and accurate manner.
- Follow wake-up call procedures to make sure every request is completed on time.
- Handle the tasks of the hotel communication centre involving using the radio system to relay messages to hotel staff in many departments.
- Execute emergency procedures and security procedures.
- Assist the front office team as required.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English - communicating effectively, both written and verbally.
- Must be able to assist guests with their concerns maintaining professional standards and problem solve effectively - performing professionally and politely under pressure.
- Must have the ability to communicate with guests over the telephone in a confident and pleasing manner under a variety of situations.
- Must be able to operate efficiently and multi-task in an extremely busy environment.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including early mornings, late nights and overnight shifts.
- Must be able to work at a desk for up to 7 hours at a time.
- Explore Travel Program
- Ongoing Associate Appreciation Events
Wall Centre Hotels is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Wall Centre Hotels, through education, review and engagement is achieving a work environment that is fair and just for all associates and where all associates are valued for the diversity they bring to the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, disability, and age.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.28-$24.94 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Mandatory Vaccination Policy in place, Vaccination is an employment requirement, all employees must show vaccination QR status at time of hire.