Branch Manager (General Manager) - West Pender, Downtown Branch
We have an excellent opportunity to develop a team of financial professionals and deliver world class client service in our unique Financial Spa™ located in the heart of downtown Vancouver. As the General Manager, you hold overall accountability of branch operations to ensure growth, profitability, employee development, service and operational excellence. Your business acumen and mentorship skills drive the success of the branch and the financial well-being of our clients.
Our General Manager role has opportunities to participate in corporate initiatives that will grow your career beyond the branch. Our head office is local, so if there's something at that next level you want to pursue in the future, the options are available.
BlueShore Financial is a financial boutique with a dynamic team committed to helping our clients improve their overall financial well-being. Thanks to our innovative strategy, rooted in expert advice and expertise, we continue to sustain excellent financial performance and receive high client satisfaction scores that outpace our competitors.
Employee Type: Full Time
Schedule: Monday - Friday
Job Category: Client Service and Sales
Location: Pender Branch, Downtown Vancouver
- Provides exceptional sales and service coaching to branch staff to ensure effective operations and successful sales and service to clients. Effectively manages to the BlueShore Financial Spa™ experience.
- Develops, implements, and manages annual business plan goals for the team to achieve branch growth and profitability in alignment with BlueShore Financial Strategy and within a solid regulatory framework. Manages to the annual branch operating budget.
- Manages direct reports (including Financial Advisors and Manager Financial Services); participates in the recruitment and selection of new staff; evaluates staff performance using performance management system; ensures each employee has a learning plan in place and results are achieved; initiates salary reviews as required; recognizes and rewards employees; takes corrective action as required.
- Manages overall asset and liability levels of the branch by managing Financial Advisors’ book size and composition as well as managing and growing the unassigned book of business through proactive client acquisition planning.
- Responsible for execution, coordination and interpretation of digital initiatives and business analytics (BI) for branch clients. Includes establishing, delivering, and executing plans and initiatives to support the attainment of corporate goals and initiatives. Uses and integrates data and digital functionality into plans that drive profitable business practices that improves corporate performance.
- Manages and reports on pipeline of business in all pillars including deposits, credit, Insurance and wealth, as well as new client acquisition. Forecasts potential growth and run off in all pillars and reports on plans to mitigate and address
- Authorizes penalty waivers, fee waivers and the like, within established limits, in order to balance retention, growth and profitability of the branch.
- Coaches, reviews and recommends all credit deals flowing through branch. Works with senior credit managers for approval of loans.
- Approves and recommends discretionary rate pricing for branch staff.
- Champions the “quarterback model”, ensuring internal and external advisory partners relationships are developed according to the established business model.
- Develops and maintains partner relationships with external COIs (centers of influence) such as approved accountants and lawyers.
- Works with Marketing regarding products, services, campaigns, strategies and alignment of brand and integration of various advisory products into the overall client experience.
- Reviews financial advice provided by Financial Advisors and staff and assists in ensuring Financial Plans offered are holistic and comprehensive.
- Participates in internal corporate training programs with the Learning and Development team as a subject matter expert as required.
- Manages the relationships with various stakeholders and works on corporate projects, initiatives assigned and cross functional partnerships, including committees and Enterprise Wide Project Plans.
- Completes branch specific workforce planning reviews and ensures the successful implementation of employee retention strategies.
- Manages branch FTE within salary budget. Ensures work load is balanced, appropriately delegated and schedules are in place to meet the needs of the branch.
- Ensures branch compliance within established security standards, policies and procedures to ensure physical and cyber security of branch assets, premises and employees.
- Ensures branch processes and quality controls are in place and maintained according to Branch Audit Compliance requirements. Reviews and implements process improvements as required.
- Maintains loan and investment quality. Responsible to conduct audit activities for the branch as required, including final accountability for mutual fund compliance.
- Final accountability for all aspects of Anti-Money Laundering and Privacy policies in branch.
- Plays an active role in the community to project a positive image for BlueShore Financial and generate business-building opportunities. Responsibilities will include public speaking and appearances as subject matter experts. Coordinates and hosts events on premises applicable to trade areas in collaboration with the Marketing department.
Qualifications and Experience
- 7-10 years’ progressive experience in the financial services industry
- 5 years of management experience
- Personal Financial Planner designation (PFP®) an asset
- Mutual Funds an asset
- Branch Compliance Manager an asset
Pay transparency is an important characteristic of our recruitment process and overall BlueShore culture which supports a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce.
The target range of this role is $95,000 - $120,000/year, plus competitive variable performance bonus. Employment offers are determined by knowledge, experience and internal equity.
What BlueShore Financial can provide you:
- 4 weeks of paid vacation to start, plus paid personal and wellness days
- Dedicated on-site parking
- Flexible work benefit
- A Performance Reward Program which pays a variable cash reward program recognizing the achievement of corporate, collaboration and personal goals
- Opportunities to work on projects that impact the entire organization
- Our head office is local, and we can provide future opportunities a big bank can’t match on the west coast
- Opportunity to work in a world-class, award-winning organization
- Continuing education assistance
- Comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses, pension, flexible benefits
What BlueShore Financial needs from you:
- Recognize the strength that diversity, equity and inclusion brings
- Forge relationships with colleagues for strong collaboration
- Provide a premium level of service to all clients, internal and external
- Communicate effectively and professionally
- Exhibit a growth mind-set
- Strive for continuous learning
- Be a proactive thinker and problem solver
- Demonstrate digital excellence
- Be accountable for the risk responsibilities in your area
Be Richly Valued. At BlueShore Financial, our employees are as important as our clients. We strive to create a workplace culture of openness, empowerment, trust and passion. We are building an even stronger and better BlueShore by incorporating the values of diversity, equity and inclusion into our everyday practices. We believe in being curious, asking questions, and seeking to understand and embrace our differences. Our values unite our organization and are our guiding compass, but it is our exceptional employees that bring our corporate values to life. They are passionate about delivering exceptional client service and a banking experience that promises to impress.
From the moment you walk into one of our Financial Spas™, you’ll know you’ve arrived at a special place, where all the elements work together to stimulate the senses and create a distinctive atmosphere unlike any financial institution you’ve experienced. We embrace the West Coast lifestyle, while providing a premium and sophisticated experience for our clients and employees.
Got awards? At BlueShore Financial we are constantly innovating, connecting and improving to deliver exceptional client and employee experiences. As a result, we have grown to become an award-winning organization, garnering both local and national attention for our progressive practices. We've been formally recognized as one of "Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures" by Waterstone Human Capital.
BlueShore Financial is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our organization, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We respectfully acknowledge that our services are provided on the unceded territories of the Lil’wat7ul (LíỈwat), xʷməθkʷəỷəm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish) and SəỈílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.