The folks here at Security Compass are on a mission to create a world where we can trust technology. Sounds easy? Definitely not, but that's exactly why we are taking up the challenge. We are helping enterprise customers shift left to build security into all they do with our leading-edge software SD Elements, industry recognized cyber security training offering and renown Advisory consulting practice.
As a Security Consultant (Application Security), you will be expected to deliver enterprise-wide application security projects, including advising on secure software development processes and best practices across the SDLC by leveraging our product SD Elements. You will integrate security tooling into our solution and assist with secure SDLC automation and secure DevOps. You will drive the creation of implementation plans mapped to client requirements and manage the technical delivery of the project. You will mentor the junior team members and help them grow as consultants. You will work across several industries with clients that are household names and key stakeholders that manage the security of the world's leading organizations.
What you need to succeed:
- Empathy is at your core, you enjoy taking the time to mentor and share your years of expertise.
- You are smooth with senior executives and technical management, putting together reports and presentations that home in on business needs.
- You love working with customers, helping solve big problems, and charming stakeholders across enterprise entities.
- You are comfortable with delivering solutions that encompass software products and services
- You believe in quality deliverables and are a true professional.
- You understand that security is there to enable the business.
- You are comfortable with occasional travel and working in project delivery teams.
- Ultimately, you know how to Get Things Done.
- 3+ years experience in information security roles focused on application security or secure SDLC.
- Expertise in SAST and/or DAST tooling including triage and code review.
- Experienced with AppSec tooling within a CI/CD environment including development and deployment tools is an asset
- Expertise in the leading, execution and delivery of information security engagements.
- Expertise in advising customers on application security including business process gaps, implementing recommendations, and helping achieve buy-in within enterprise organizations.
- Experience with security governance processes, vendor management, risk management, or software development is an asset.
- Ability to read source code and/or background as a software developer is an asset.
- CISSP, CSSLP, or GIAC certifications is an asset.
- Compliance, Risk, and Governance experience is an asset.
Education – prefer candidates with a bachelor's degree or minimum 3-year college diploma in:
- Software engineering
- Computer science/electrical engineering
- IT/system and network administration
- Other applicable engineering disciplines
Why Security Compass?
- Make a difference. Our suite of products and services help make software more secure for our customers, their clients and the world as a whole.
- Have a voice. Our organizational structure and open communication programs create an environment where employees drive the company's culture and decisions.
- Be trusted. We put decisions in the hands of the people with the most information.
- Have fun. Our social events and games around the office are the just a few ways we have fun.
- Be different. We respect all forms of intelligence. We know that diversity is our strength and build it into all of our processes.
- Be innovative. We give dedicated time to focus on passion projects and encourage new ideas in all that we do.
- Be challenged. We create opportunities to take on new projects in security and beyond.
- Grow your career. We make your growth and learning a priority by giving a dedicated training budget.
- Find balance. We support work from home, have flexible work hours, and open vacation.
Click here ( https://www.securitycompass.com/careers/ ) to start imagining your future at Security Compass!
Security Compass is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require any accommodation, please email@example.com ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) so that an inclusive and barrier free process can be provided to all applicants. All information provided will be addressed confidentially.