Apr 17, 2020
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets.
Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Corporate and Funding Technology is comprised of three primary areas: Operations & Risk, Corporate and Client Financing.
- Operations & Risk helps the Firm’s businesses while maintaining a strong risk profile. The group includes Operations, Funding, Finance and Risk Technology.
- Corporate improves our operating environment and is made up of Legal, Compliance & Corporate Governance, Digital & Corporate Communications and Human Resources Technology groups.
- Client Financing platforms provide technology and service to our hedge fund and Asia high-net-worth clients. Groups include Prime Brokerage, Private Wealth Management Asia and Counterparty Risk Technology.
Who You Are
- Want to be part of cutting edge, high visibility projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule
- Someone who is not intimidated by challenges; thrives under pressure; is passionate about their craft and hyper focused on delivering exceptional results
- Enjoy learning new technologies to raise the bar on your team
- Enjoy working with global business users across various business units that include Finance, Investment Banking, Trading, Legal, Compliance and Operations for delivery of software systems
What’s the Role
- Collaborating as part of a cross-functional Agile team to create and enhance software that enables state of the art, next generation Counterparty Data platform
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Working with large, complex data sets from a variety of sources
- Participate in the rapid development of user-driven prototypes to identify technical options and inform multiple architectural approaches
- Building efficient storage and search functions over structured and unstructured data
- Utilizing programming languages like Java, Scala, Python, Relational and NoSQL databases and in memory distributed platforms such as Gemfire
- Leveraging DevOps techniques and practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, Build Automation and Test Driven Development to enable the rapid delivery of working code utilizing tools like Jenkins, Gradle and Git
- 5 years of professional work experience in Java development
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience working with SQL
- Experience with design and build of high performance, low latency distributed systems
- Experience in message queuing or stream processing
- Agile Engineering experience
- UNIX/Linux experience
- Experience with Spring Cloud stack
- Experience with Elastic stack
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience with Gemfire or Hazelcast is a bonus
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.