The Automotive Service Installer works in a fast-paced Automotive Service Centre environment. Key responsibilities include oil and lube service, tire installation, tire rotation and balancing and light vehicle maintenance and repairs. Communication skills and a good, working knowledge of most automobiles and light trucks are essential to succeed in this position. The Service Installer builds customer loyalty and retention through trust, workmanship and reputation.
- Provides an excellent customer experience by ensuring an ongoing commitment to the needs of the customer and their vehicle.
- Performs customer vehicle maintenance and repairs, as requested.
- Shares ideas and suggestions to improve the customer experience in the Automotive Service Center.
- Draws attention to additional work required on customer’s vehicle.
- Assists in explaining procedures and repairs and any additional required maintenance work to customers, in an effort to attain a trusting relationship and long-term retention.
- Liaises with Service Manager/Service Advisors/Licensed Automobile Technicians and Back Parts Window Associate in order to ensure a smooth flow of communication during repairs or maintenance work and that all commitments are achieved.
- Provides accurate estimates and written vehicle reports for all work performed. Performs tasks in compliance with industry flat rate time allowances.
- Provides quality workmanship to meet or exceed industry standards.
- Ensures that an unsafe vehicle is reported to management and vehicle owner.
- Ensures vehicles are kept clean and free of damage by using seat covers and floor mats.
- Retains used parts for the customer on request.
- Performs lube, oil and filter changes.
- Removes, installs, rotates and balances tires.
- Performs minor repairs, maintenance, inspections and basic tune ups that do not require the presence of a Licensed Automobile Technician.
- Administers drive clean emission tests (only in specific provinces).
- Performs Registered Imported Vehicles (RIV) inspections.
- Services transmission.
- Maintains neatness/cleanliness of bays through regular inspections.
- Maintains company and personally-owned equipment and tools, as required.
- Is respectful of all shop tools and equipment.
- Participates in meetings and all training as required and listens to feedback to improve their own abilities.
- Complies with company, store and Automotive Service Centre policies.
- Abides by all health and safety programs and regulations. Reports any observed or potential hazards immediately.
- Uses professional language and maintains a professional appearance (e.g., uniform, hygiene, grooming and name tag) when interacting with others.
- Completes other tasks, as required.
- Life insurance
- Profit sharing/share options
- Vacation & paid time off
- Dental care
Job Types: Permanent, Apprenticeship
- New Minas, NS (Preferred)