Designs and manufactures signs, decals, and vehicle graphics for Regional facilities, roadways, and vehicles, using computer graphic design applications and equipment. Ensures products meet Ontario Traffic Manual specifications and corporate standards.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of sign manufacturing processes and production/application, including proper use of equipment (e.g. large format digital printing, vinyl cutting plotters), graphic design technology, and materials purchasing processes, normally acquired through a related 2-year college diploma plus 2 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience such as Grade 12 plus a certificate/courses in graphic design (e.g., 3M graphics installation) plus 3 years of related experience, or Grade 12 plus 4 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with policies, procedures, legislation, standards (e.g., Regional Field Manual, Ontario Traffic Manual, traffic and parking by-laws, Highway Traffic Act, health and safety), and corporate identity and style guides.
- Ability to keep technical knowledge current (e.g., materials, equipment).
- Communication skills to provide service to internal and external clients; discuss and resolve problems related to work orders; and participate as an effective team member.
- Ability to complete daily activity sheets, work orders, production orders, and invoices. Ability to read and interpret production orders; equipment operating, repair, and maintenance manuals; and technical drawings, blueprints, and specifications.
- Computer skills with ability to use graphic design software applications/packages (e.g., Corel Draw, Flexi Sign, Adobe Photo Shop).
- Must have a valid G driver's licence (or G2 with 3 years of driving experience) and acceptable driving record to operate corporate vehicles.
- Ability to support and demonstrate the Region’s values
Please apply online, by the closing date Mar 22, 2020 quoting competition number 2020-1011, or drop off your resume to the Region of Waterloo, Information Desk located on the main floor at 150 Frederick Street, Kitchener, ON N2G 4J3.