Project Manager - Buildings - ( 230001VW )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
Our Vancouver office is seeking Project Managers with experience managing complex projects (Healthcare, Commercial, Retail, Aviation, Transportation, Education, and Justice) to join our multidisciplinary team.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Directly manage large and complex projects to achieve client satisfaction, quality deliverables, schedule, and budgeting objectives
- Work with our Project Team and Partners to create and execute project execution plans, including work plans, resource plans, risk management plans, etc.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of projects and scope
- Assume responsibilities (in partnership with the assigned principal) for technical and design excellence
- Ensure project documents, including contracts and additional service requests are approved, and filed in accordance with Stantec processes and procedures
- Update project financials on a regular basis (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly) using Stantec’s proprietary tools
- Manage project budget and schedule including tracking and reporting of team hours and expenses
- Determine appropriate revenue/gross margin recognition and analyzes bill rates and utilization targets for project teams
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing and monitor receivables and collection of invoices
- Facilitate and hold regular team and client meetings
- Keep project team well informed of changes and updates
- Deliver engaging, formative, well-organized presentations both verbally and in writing
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information Leadership:
- Mentor and inspire project team members
- Manage team development by aligning project tasks with capabilities and career interests
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
- Remain engaged and knowledgeable regarding emerging industry practices
- Comply with and help to enforce Stantec policies and procedures
- Actively support Stantec’s Safer Together and Safety programs and complete all Health and Safety documentation
- Effectively utilize each team members to his/her fullest potential
- Motivate team to work together efficiently
- Mitigate team conflict and communication challenges
- Consistently acknowledge and appreciate team members and their contributions
- Keep track of lessons learned and share those lessons with team members, peers, and clients
- Plan and facilitate team activities that promote Stantec’s Safer Together Program
- Possess general understanding of core and shell and interiors design and construction
- Possess an understanding of Stantec capabilities
- Regularly seek continuing education opportunities to increase knowledge base
- Manage day-to-day client interaction – evaluate and manage client expectations
- Seek opportunities to increase client satisfaction and develop lasting relationships with clients
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs, evaluate alternative solutions, and deliver value added services
- Build a knowledge base of each client’s business, organization, and objectives
- Identify business development and additional service opportunities for all Stantec disciplines as they relate to a specific project, program, or client.
- Engage in proposal efforts, including completing project scoping and pricing
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience managing large complex projects (Healthcare, Commercial, Retail, Aviation, Transportation, Education, and Justice)
- Demonstrated experience in Alternative Project Delivery models
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience
- Professional designation and/or PMP preferred
Education and Experience
Bachelor or Master’s degree in project management, architecture, engineering, interior design, or equivalent in work experience
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. #DesignYourPlace
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1156 Buildings-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Apr 25, 2023, 4:00:27 PM
Req ID: 230001VW
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans