Applicants are invited to submit resumes for the Full Time position of Maintenance Worker at our 60-bed facility located in Port Stanley, Ontario.
Reporting to the Support Services Manager, the Maintenance Worker performs general, routine maintenance and servicing operations throughout the facility, reports unsafe conditions and situations in accordance with applicable codes and regulations, and as directed.
1. Performs a variety of routine and preventative maintenance, servicing and repair operations to maintain facility, equipment, furnishings, fixtures, and grounds in proper condition.
2. Observes and monitors all areas of the facility for ongoing maintenance requirements and carries out repairs as required. Implements and documents the preventative maintenance program according to the policies of the Home and Ministry Standards. Maintains adequate inventory of tools and spare parts.
3. Performs mechanical maintenance and repairs to equipment such as replacing drive belts, lubricating motors and hinges, repairs to heating and ventilation systems, repairs to kitchen and laundry equipment, repairs to beds, chairs, tables etc.
4. Performs general maintenance and repairs to plumbing and electrical systems such as replacing water valves, clearing drains and removing stoppages, repairing or replacing fixtures, replacing switches, replacing fuses and light bulbs, repairing Emergency Nurses Call and Fire Alarm Systems.
5. Performs general carpentry work and repairs such as installing floor and wall tiles, repairing drywall, replacing doors and door hardware, repairing roof leaks, painting, installing wallpaper and other redecorating tasks.
6. Following approval refers problems requiring specialized work such as electrical or plumbing to outside contractors and monitors work performed; provides general assistance to skilled trade persons such as mechanic, electricians, carpenters, plumbers etc., as required.
7. Adheres to established policies and procedures regarding quality assurance, fire, safety, and environmental and infection control.
8. Must be able to prioritize and be able to multitask.
9. Must have good communication skills and act as a positive role model in the Home according to the values of the Corporation.
1. 3-5 years relevant experience and/or knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems, plumbing, carpentry and heating and ventilation systems. Certificate in Building Maintenance required.
2. Ability to read and interpret manuals related to equipment and systems
3. Ability to work safely, following established safety practices and procedures
4. Ability to read and write English and understand moderately complex oral and written instructions.
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact lymcintyre @ extendicare .com.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent