FirstOntario Credit Union is one of the largest credit unions in Ontario. We are a trusted co-operative financial intuition dedicated to providing competitive banking products and services and a quality Member service. More than 118,000 Ontarians choose FirstOntario for their financial needs – from chequing and savings accounts to loans and mortgages and highly qualified investment advice. Our Membership does more than save you money on fees, it also makes you an Owner. At FirstOntario, we believe the best way to ensure our success is by supporting the communities we serve. That’s why our policies include volunteering our time, talent and resources to worthy local causes and events. It’s also why we reinvest our profits in the same places they’re earned, and why we sponsor programs that promote financial literacy and economic development.
The Systems Administrator is responsible for the overall health, administration and implementation of infrastructure related items including; LAN/WAN networks, voice, branch, wireless, and security networks.
In the role, you will…
· Install and configure computer networks and systems following documented standards
· Identify and solve any problems that arise with computer networks and server systems
· Consult with clients to specify system requirements and be involved with solution design
· Proactively monitor system, respond to issues, troubleshoot and work with system engineers to identify root causes, develop and implement technical resolutions
· Analyze and review system capacity to determine its effect on performance and recommend enhancements to meet new or changing network demands
· Maintain existing software and hardware
· Work with IT support personnel to troubleshoot issues
· Maintain a secure and stable environment through secure administration processes
· Create and maintain in-depth documentation for use by the IT operations teams for regular tasks
· Assist in the deployment of applications to the enterprise
· Provide tier 2 support and assist with tier 3 support for applications, server and network environments
· Participate in audits when required
· Maintain and manage the backup infrastructure in line with the business requirements
· Coordinate vendor support of the back up infrastrucrure
· Monitor and maintain patch levels on all server, desktop, and mobile computing assets. This includes managing and supporting the System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM) environments for the organization for the purpose of; asset management, patching and software deployments through multiple servers and distribution points
· Be involved in the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting ATM’s, ITM’s, CRU’s and any new technology as assigned
· Support Tier 1 with server, desktop and Network access, end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and file share allocations in accordance with FirstOntario policies
· Work in partnership with other IT deparments to assist with the policy and security of environment
· Ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers, during data transfers in accordance to business needs, industry best-practices, and FCU Policy regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance
· Coordinate (as required) with the System, Network, Desktop Engineer roles, business application, and database administration functions to implement desktop and server systems that utilize industry best practices to meet corporate objectives.
· Perform other duties as assigned
Within your skills and qualifications, you will…
· Possess a Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or Technology with a focus on computer networking
· Knowledge of BGP, network routing, switching, fabric zoning and VLANs in a enterprise environment.
· Two to five (2-5) years of experience as with virtual environments, WIFI, Load Balancers, IDS and other network infrastructure and monitoring
· Extensive experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager and Operations Manager or similar technology
· Experience managing enterprise level backup technology
· Working experience with network security products, protocols, and technologies including Firewalls, VPN, Network Access Control, IDP/IDS, and Secured File Transfer in an enterprise environment
· Experience working with Tier 1 telecom partners
· VMWare enterprise level experience including ESXi vCenter management
· Enjoy a challenge when it comes to technical issues and be resourceful in the way you find a solution
· Demonstrate your strong negotiation skills with internal clients and vendors
· Be naturally innovative and forward thinking
· Be analytical and overly detailed oriented when dealing with technical support issues and IT projects
· Openly share your knowledge with the team
· Genuinely care about people and providing strong member experience
· Inherently demonstrate a high level of integrity and be trustworthy
· Be more than approachable with your superior interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to present technical concepts and ideas to non-technical staff and management
· Be aware of and mitigate enterprise risk factors and ensure compliance with applicable regulations, legislation and FirstOntario policies and procedures
· Willingness to work beyond core business hours / on call, if necessary to minimize business interruption during planned or unplanned network/system modifications
· Actively participate in an on-call rotation
Our emphasis on service means we’re constantly searching for new team members whose dedication to helping people is as powerful as their ambition to succeed. We’re committed to providing professional development, and to extending employee activities beyond day-to-day operations to support the communities where we’re located. Our people are the difference, it’s a part of why we love coming to work.
If this sparks your interest and you demonstrate high levels of integrity and credibility, we should talk. Check out our website for the full job description and prepare your cover letter and resume listing your experience, qualifications, and submit it online through our careers page on the company website.
We appreciate all who express interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
FirstOntario Credit Union will provide accommodations for persons with disabilities, where needed, to support their participation in our recruitment process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent