Trafalgar Addiction Treatment Centres is a CARF Accredited, leading provider of treatment for people coping with addiction and mental health issues, in both residential and out-patient settings. We are a rapidly expanding private organization with multiple locations across Ontario. We have established a reputation for excellence throughout our industry and offer a full spectrum of treatment services to help our clients. Our approach to both addiction and mental health treatment is unrivaled in the Canadian marketplace
Trafalgar Addiction Treatment Centres provides comprehensive treatments for men and women with addiction and mental health disorders. Our team of professionals have extensive clinical and research experience, culminating in offering the very best in residential treatment. We have four facilities: Trafalgar Residence West in Erin, Ontario, Trafalgar Residence East in Gores Landing & Port Hope, Ontario and our outpatient facility, TR Addiction Treatment Centres at Yonge and Davisville in Toronto.
Please visit our website for more information – www.trafalgarresidence.com
We are seeking an experienced Addiction Counsellor with a passion for helping others to join our team, at our Trafalgar East facility in Port Hope & Gores Landing. This position supports our clients and clinical team by maintaining the house during weekend shifts and weekday evenings. The successful candidate will be responsible for facilitating psychoeducational groups and interacting with clients to ensure all needs are met.
Expected shifts: mix of Weekday, Weekend, Evenings and Overnight
- Provide assistance and support to residence activities and functions of day-to-day centre operations
- Provide counselling and conduct crisis management and interventions as needed
- Reporting to the Clinical Manager and senior staff members, work with a multidisciplinary services team.
- Leading/co-leading psychoeducational groups for clients.
- Monitor client behaviours and interactions while on shift, documenting observations and interactions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Conduct urine screening for new clients and at intervals throughout the course of treatment
- Communicate in an empathic, compassionate, sensitive and skilled manner with clients while on shift.
- Participate in regular interdisciplinary team meetings when necessary.
- Participate in team building and service development as needed.
- Assist with program development as required.
- Maintain knowledge, skills, and abilities by keeping up-to-date professional standards through reviewing current literature, attending workshops/seminars and networking with colleagues and ensuring all credentials are up to date through continuing education and recertification with any governing bodies or colleges you belong to.
- Work effectively with members of the multidisciplinary team (clinical and non-clinical team members) in establishing treatment and monitoring processes.
- Responsible for cleaning client dishes after each meal
- Minimum education: college diploma specific to addictions and mental health training and an addiction counselling certificate (eg: ICADC from CACCF).
- University degree in social work or psychology is an asset.
- Knowledge of social work, psychology and addiction counselling best practices and a proven ability to work in an intensive, residential treatment environment.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working as an addictions counsellor.
- Residential experience is an asset
- Availability to work weekdays with occasional evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Current First Aid and CPR training certificates.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $18.00 to $21.00 /hour
- Addiction Counseling: 1 year (Required)
- Addiction Counselling (Required)