AIM Environmental Group is an expert in the process design and operations of organics processing and material recovery facilities. AIM is a best practices and single resource organization, partnering with world-class leaders across Provincial, Canadian and International markets to provide solutions for today’s environmental challenges and evolving landscape. AIM works to develop plans tailored to fit individual client needs and waste stream profiles and then provides the proper team and technology to exceed all business, operational and community objectives. Our team of professionals are leaders in our field providing subject matter expertise to accurately design a waste management facility while taking into consideration all facility start-up, processing, on-going operations, maintenance and rehabilitation (OMR) and stakeholder engagement objectives.
City of Calgary Composting Facility
The City of Calgary Composting Facility is a new $143 Million-dollar facility that opened its operations on July 18th, 2017. It is located adjacent to the Shepard Waste Management Facility, south of 114th Avenue and 68 Street S.E. Key characteristics of the facility include:
- Four facility complexes including - main administrative and education offices; centralize receiving and processing facility; curing building for final stage processing; and a storage building. Collectively, the facility is 521,000 square feet.
- The facility will process up to 145,500 metric tons of residential food and yard waste and dewatered Biosolids from The City's wastewater treatment process every year.
AIM Environmental Group is currently looking to add a new night shift loader operator for the Calgary Compost Facility. All loader operators are hands-on participants in the daily execution of all defined operational tasks.
- Operate a variety of large equipment in an efficient and safe operating manner including the following:
- Volvo 120/150/180 Loaders.
- Skid Steer and attachments.
- Scissor and Boom Lifts.
- Vermeer Compost Turnover.
- Other major equipment as required.
- Inspect equipment prior to commencement and conclusion of each shift completing all daily maintenance and operating log reports.
- Loads and unloads all organics waste products and materials into shredders, mixers, screening systems, and compost processing vessels.
- Maintains a clean working environment promoting individual and team commitment to OH&S best practices.
- Identifies and reports any equipment deficiencies to the Compost Process Supervisor.
- Accurately completes all daily operations reports including checklists and logs in accordance with AIM Environmental, City of Calgary and Regulatory Agency requirements.
- Actively participates in daily toolbox meetings and scheduled staff, OH&S and Environmental training programs and meetings.
- Engages in continuous learning ensuring openness to new training and development programs, maintaining applicable industry and manufacturer certifications and credentials.
- Safely performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience operating and maintaining heavy equipment.
- Compost or Landfill Operator Certification an asset.
- Knowledge of the commercial composting infrastructure, equipment, systems and processes an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Valid driver’s license.
Hours of Work
- Position will be 44 hours per week with the exact shifts to be determined
- Specifically, qualified candidates MUST be available for work a flexible night shift.
A competitive compensation and benefits plan is offered and will be discussed in a personal interview.
Thank you for your interest. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- On-site Parking
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- Supervisory: 2 years (Preferred)
- Loader Operator: 5 years (Preferred)