0 - 10%
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
What is SAP iXp?
SAP’s Internship Experience Project (iXp) is SAP’s global, paid internship program that provides university students with the opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to apply for SAP iXp
1. Culture of collaboration:
Meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
2. Project-driven experience:
Gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
3. Gain visibility:
With iXp in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
About the team and position:
This position is part of the Global Licensing (GL) team whose mandate is to manage inbound licensing standards and govern the use of third-party intellectual property (TPIP) for SAP. The candidate will be responsible for providing first-level support to SAP teams located across the globe, from understanding their TPIP licensing needs to formulating and executing solutions. The candidate will gain hands-on knowledge about SAP’s software development standards and approval processes through managing and executing data migration or process improvement projects for the team. As a part of these projects, the candidate will also be expected to create documentation related to inbound licensing and compliance.
The Licensing Analyst position is best suited for candidates with a passion to work in the GRC (Governance, Risk management, and Compliance), procurement, software license management, or project management fields. The candidate should have a working knowledge of process automation, software systems modeling, project management, and knowledge management. This position requires working independently, achieving tight timelines, and collaboration across teams including development, sales, procurement, legal, and various compliance teams.
What you’ll do:
SAP iXp Intern – Licensing Analyst
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Expected start date to end date:
September 8, 2020 – April 31, 2021
In this role, you’ll:
Who you are:
- Work with stakeholders to gather requirements for licensing various forms of TPIP and other materials, including:
- Web APIs/services,
- Free and Open Source Software (FOSS),
- Commercial (proprietary) software, and
- Contents (e.g. data sets)
- Interpret license materials as well as technical use cases to help SAP make informed decisions
- Compose documentations on processes
- Execute and manage internal processes autonomously
- Coordinate meetings and manage service tickets
- Perform manual data entry and information processing under tight timelines without sacrificing quality
- Develop project plans and manage projects autonomously
- Gain an understanding of software approval processes and its data integrity requirements
- Demonstrate interest, knowledge, and curiosity in the area of inbound licensing
- Assist in various other duties consistent with GL’s initiatives
We’re looking for someone who can challenge the status quo and likes to stay curious. You enjoy working on meaningful projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Superb written and verbal communication skills suitable for a professional work environment
- Highly self-disciplined and self-motivated individual with positive work attitude
- Ability to professionally handle ambiguity, lack of information, and changing business conditions
- Ability to deliver under pressure by quickly understanding new topics and existing frameworks
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Excellent organization skills to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks and projects
- Excellent attention to detail to produce high-quality work used for decision-making purposes
- Excellent team player showing initiative, interest and passion in producing high quality work
- Good track record of developing creative solutions to novel problems
- Passion for the technology and software industries
- Active enrollment in business administration, commerce, law, or other relevant degree programs
- Can commit for 8-month full time internship from the start date indicated in this posting
TECHNICAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Strong investigative skills and ability to make connections from seemingly irrelevant information
- Ability to seek out, digest, and apply brand new domain/technical knowledge efficiently
- Working knowledge of project management tools and principles
- Working knowledge of process improvement methodologies and use of technology to streamline processes
- Working knowledge of knowledge management methodologies and tools
- Working knowledge of software systems modeling (e.g. UML diagrams) and databases
- Knowledge on copyright and contract law a plus
- Knowledge on web applications and application programing interfaces a plus
- Customer service skills and mindset a plus
- Software development experience a plus
What you can expect from us:
- Previous co-op or similar work experience highly recommended
- Previous business analyst experience a plus
- Previous project management experience a plus
- Previous projects in process automation a plus
- A hands-on learning experience with you at the helm of projects born directly out of the team’s business needs
- An internship packed full of events to ensure you understand our technologies, our competitive landscape, our culture and our leadership philosophy
- Community of mentors and volunteer engagement teams to join and lead
- Collaborative open-concept work environment in the heart of Yaletown
- Games room, fitness classes, massage therapist, and 24/7 access to onsite gym
- Well-stocked snacks, coffee, teas, sodas and candy
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.