An established Accounting firm providing CFO, accounting and business advisory services is looking for a Junior Accountant who has a background in cost accounting, to work side-by-side with the controller.
Our firm is looking for a solid team player with a strong desire to learn and rise to his/her own professional potential while being challenged, mentored and supported.
The employee will maintain a regular working schedule, during regular office hours 9-5 Monday to Friday. The office environment is very friendly and easy going.
The office is currently located in Woodbridge, Ontario in a central area with several food retailers and amenities nearby along with major highways and a Go Station. Travel to client location required. A valid G drivers license will be required.
As a Junior Accountant your position will be responsible for performing day to day accounting functions, job costing and general accounting tasks.
Responsibilities will include:
· Prepare and post accounting entries in an accurate and timely fashion.
· Compiles, consolidates, and analyzes financial information for the production of financial statements and reports.
· Plan budgets and prepare reports for multiple departments within a company.
· Prepare cost variance analysis for monthly, quarterly, or annual operating schedules.
· Participate in conducting, valuing and reviewing physical inventories.
· Accomplish tasks on time and take on special projects as needed.
· Work with client teams at the client premises at least 2 days a week to assist with analyzing cost reports, preparing cost bids to assist the pricing managers, etc.
· Perform additional duties as required.
As a successful candidate you possess:
Minimum 2 years of experience in accounting. Experience in cost accounting is ideal.
College diploma or University degree in accounting.
Technical experience and proficiency with common accounting software packages such as QuickBooks Online.
Exceptional time management, prioritization and organization skills with superior attention to detail and accuracy are a must.
Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, plus a strong work ethic.
Strong data entry skills with high competencies in MS Word & Excel.
If you are up for this challenge, then we want to hear from you!
Applicants MUST include a cover letter explaining why they are an eligible candidate for this job – tell us why you are a great fit for this role and what sets you apart.
Please upload your resume and cover letter to Indeed.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those suited will be contacted. No agencies please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent